Last 4 games 3 wins 1 defeat

Curtains

Don’t worry all - this is just ground hog day from the last defeat to Rotherham. Whether you think we are better than them or not, they are very good at their game plan and it seems to work for them. I think they will stay up tbh and I think if Derby see this as a blip and continue how we’ve played under Rooney we will continue to pick up, we should have nothing to worry about. Now let’s go beat Barnsley and carry on the good work the lads have put in to get us to where we are now compared with where we were when cocu left. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Perspective needed is with that record over the past 4 games we are still only 2 points away from Rotherham who are 3rd from bottom and have 2 games in hand on us. 

You're being a tad contrary buddy. We're in the position we are because of failings over the first 20 odd games, not the last 4. Win another 3 from our next 4 and we'll continue inching up the table, exactly as we have over the course of the 4 just gone.

I was as distraught as any after last night but if we keep up the same form as the last 12 games I think we will be OK. What worries me more than anything is if we can keep that form without Bielik as we have quality in the midfield. Hopefully the lad from Everton will improve things.

The problem with this team is that whenever it looks like we’ve turned a corner and get hopeful they produce a result like last night.

The last 15 minutes were dire.

Rooney has started very well and I think he will prove to be a good manager. But ! He made a game changing mistake on Wednesday.. This is not hindsight as at the time I feared his decision on substitute introduction was ill advised.. With 72 minutes gone and a reasonable performance looking like a point, he made his substitutions. New players without even a training session was to me a worrying gamble. 72 minutes 0 -0 , full time 3 nil. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

However, I imagine we'd pick up more from the likes of .... Barnsley

Personally think we'll lose again at the weekend, or at least struggle. Barnsley are a very press heavy team, allowing no space/time to give the opposition a chance to play. We can't cope with that and are better against teams that give us space, especially out wide. Barnsley play a back 3/5 system, which won't give allow us to go out wide as regularly as we normally do. Along with their heavy metal press, I imagine we'll struggle again. 

I think we dropped a baalock by selling Evans. He is happy to hold a position in front of the back four. Bird wants to get about the pitch and isn’t suited to a holding roll. This leaves a big hole - apparent on goal 3. 
Shinnie seemed to be playing left back with Buchanan at left wing. That left another hole. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we dropped a baalock by selling Evans. He is happy to hold a position in front of the back four. Bird wants to get about the pitch and isn’t suited to a holding roll. This leaves a big hole - apparent on goal 3. 

Evans is a poor midfielder, Rooney told him he'd only play him in a back 3.

We've got Beni on loan.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Shinnie seemed to be playing left back with Buchanan at left wing. That left another hole. 

I think if the timing had been different (Bielik injured earlier) then he may not have been allowed to go.  Difficult to go back to a dumped girlfriend and say it was all a mistake when your new love is no longer interested

37 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bird wants to get about the pitch and isn’t suited to a holding roll. This leaves a big hole - apparent on goal 3. 

We were chasing the game though and taking risks

1 hour ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Rooney has started very well and I think he will prove to be a good manager. But ! He made a game changing mistake on Wednesday.. This is not hindsight as at the time I feared his decision on substitute introduction was ill advised.. With 72 minutes gone and a reasonable performance looking like a point, he made his substitutions. New players without even a training session was to me a worrying gamble. 72 minutes 0 -0 , full time 3 nil. 

Think the change to 4-4-2 didn't help either. Rooney wanted to win the game and went for it with the changes. I'm not against that but obviously with hindsight we should have just played it out for a 0-0 and moved on. 

It does put the result into perspective, and maybe some of us (myself included) are overreacting a little... but it still doesn’t change how poor last night was. It’s not just the defeat, it’s the performance as well. We were totally and utterly outfought and, dare I say outplayed, by Rotherham. We’ve struggled for goals horrendously all season and there’s little sign of that changing. It’s our defence which has kept us in with a chance of survival, and that collapsed worryingly in those last 15 minutes yesterday. Could it be that Bielik was holding it all together, and now it’s going to fall apart?

It’s probably wrong to draw any conclusions from one game against a team that seems to know how to beat us, but there’s some very worrying signs in there for me. We keeping losing the relegation six pointers, and it’s left us in a very precarious position. Based on what I’ve seen, I’m not certain there’s 3 teams worse than us in this division.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

It does put the result into perspective, and maybe some of us (myself included) are overreacting a little... but it still doesn’t change how poor last night was. It’s not just the defeat, it’s the performance as well. We were totally and utterly outfought and, dare I say outplayed, by Rotherham. We’ve struggled for goals horrendously all season and there’s little sign of that changing. It’s our defence which has kept us in with a chance of survival, and that collapsed worryingly in those last 15 minutes yesterday. Could it be that Bielik was holding it all together, and now it’s going to fall apart?

It’s probably wrong to draw any conclusions from one game against a team that seems to know how to beat us, but there’s some very worrying signs in there for me. We keeping losing the relegation six pointers, and it’s left us in a very precarious position. Based on what I’ve seen, I’m not certain there’s 3 teams worse than us in this division.

We just have to hope that the new personnel bring goals....if they do,then we may be saved yet.

Archived