Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the last few months "look at previous owners, GSE were not ambitious owners, only ever spent Barker type fees, had lost interest in the club"

Close to signings "Freebies and loans are the way forward"

Im just sat here chilling, knowing that we have reset to a familiar position, consolidating our position, build on this and hopefully push on to a promotion push in the near future. Whilst not putting the future of the club at risk by spending ridiculous amounts of money without a long term plan.

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

So they did or didn't ? Just checking the answer ?

You know the answer, but if you want to sit here and claim it was a great time, go for it. 

I’ve preferred the excitement of the last 6 or so years where we have looked genuine contenders and went into each season believing we have a chance.

Would snap your hand off to go through it all again including off the pitch drama, where as another GSE tenure would see me lose interest rapidly, attendances at the time suggest I wouldn’t be alone. 

Best thing this club did was sack Nigel Clough. 

1 minute ago, David said:

You know the answer, but if you want to sit here and claim it was a great time, go for it. 

I’ve preferred the excitement of the last 6 or so years where we have looked genuine contenders and went into each season believing we have a chance.

Would snap your hand off to go through it all again including off the pitch drama, where as another GSE tenure would see me lose interest rapidly, attendances at the time suggest I wouldn’t be alone. 

Best thing this club did was sack Nigel Clough. 

Yup, sacking NC certainly moved the club forward, someone will have to remind me who instigated that.

So you are confusing me slightly, you posted that we should be happy with free transfers however above your saying another GSE tenure would make you lose interest rapidly. Therefore if this window is a statement of intent going forward, it's following the same approach as GSE, no ?

Archived