Fruit and vegetables

angieram

On 25/12/2020 at 22:07, Grumpy Git said:

With a sentence that severe they must have been King Edward's?

8 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Yeah but they were king Edwards, and he didn't like having his potatoes being taken ??????

oh dear.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Santa leaving an orange in our  pillow cases, we didn't have proper Christmas sacks, every year until I was about 12 or 13. It was about the only time we got to even see one back then. My wife finds it unbelievable. I suppose when just about everywhere you turn around these parts you are greeted with this you can understand her!

6FEC7885-48C5-4320-A456-3F16BE2620B7.jpeg

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I remember Santa leaving an orange in our  pillow cases, we didn't have proper Christmas sacks, every year until I was about 12 or 13. It was about the only time we got to even see one back then. My wife finds it unbelievable. I suppose when just about everywhere you turn around these parts you are greeted with this you can understand her!

6FEC7885-48C5-4320-A456-3F16BE2620B7.jpeg

Those ones taste so much better, too.

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Yeah, they do. Unfortunately they're on my no-no list. One of the many foods I love but can't eat because they give me a migraine ?

Sorry to hear that. I am not fond of supermarket fruit as it doesn't taste anything like the real thing. To be surrounded by it and not able to take advantage must be tough.

Over the last few years I've really got into gardening and growing my own fruit and veg. Something really satisfying about the whole process and when you reach harvest the taste is so much better. Last year I successfully grew rhubarb, raspberries, spuds, onions, tomatoes, peppers, chillies, kale, peas and beans. Less successful with beetroot, squash, cucumber and red cabbage. Can't wait to get stuck in again. Great for wellbeing. 

7 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Over the last few years I've really got into gardening and growing my own fruit and veg. Something really satisfying about the whole process and when you reach harvest the taste is so much better. Last year I successfully grew rhubarb, raspberries, spuds, onions, tomatoes, peppers, chillies, kale, peas and beans. Less successful with beetroot, squash, cucumber and red cabbage. Can't wait to get stuck in again. Great for wellbeing. 

@Beetroot often disappoints 

We may all have to start growing more of our own veg. My youngest went to Asda this evening and reported back that there was a shortage of certain fruits and vegetables. It may just be a blip in the supply chain but who knows if this might be a long term problem, now we're in control of our own borders.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

We may all have to start growing more of our own veg. My youngest went to Asda this evening and reported back that there was a shortage of certain fruits and vegetables. It may just be a blip in the supply chain but who knows if this might be a long term problem, now we're in control of our own borders.

I'm sure lots and lots of shoppers will then be fascinated to learn what will and won't grow in this country - and just when it does actually grow. ?

Archived