Managerial - how happy were you with them....

RamNut

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

clough - 10

mcclaren 1 - 5

clement - 5

wassall / redknapp - 0

pearson - 8

Mcclaren 2 - 10

rowett - 8

lampard - 0

cocu - 9

the Four man committee - 5

rooney - 10

And I think those scores also reflect how disappointed I was when they left...(as in I was delighted when Frank and Ricky Butcher went back to the car lot)

Why Lampard 0 and Rooney 10?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Because I have never liked fat Frank and I am delighted that Rooney is here... no real genius insight...I just like one and not the other.

If Frank is fat how the hell do you describe Rooney barrage balloon?

Clough - 9 - got to admit was a bit emotional about a Clough coming back to Derby. His record at Burton was superb & was very excited at the prospect of him managing us

McClaren first time - 3 - was appalled at way Clough was sacked (on the night of Forest game) & even more irate that he was replaced by McClaren, someone who was helping Redknapp out at QPR so low had his stock fallen. His impact surprised me greatly

Clement - 6 - more intrigued by his background but never been a fan of rookie managers

Wassall / Redknapp - 4 - wasn't enthused by this arrangement at all although Wassall did coax some decent results out of them

Pearson - 8 - hilariously I was very positive about this one. His time at 'but..Leicester' showed he could build a quality squad. He tried to change things too quick though

McClaren second time - 6 - knew he would fit the squad well as many of the 13-15 team were still here. Didn't expect a playoff push, just stability & he delivered that

Rowett - 7 - good reputation at Burton & Birmingham, ex-player too but knew his sides were quite attritional so didn't expect great football. Thought we'd eventually succeed with him though

Lampard - 5 - was not in favour of another rookie manager albeit a glamour appointment. He surprised me with how quickly he learnt lessons & his ability to pick the team up for the big occasions & turn around bad runs of form

Cocu - 8 - knew the football was likely to be more measured but Cocu's reputation at PSV was fantastic. Really impressed with his long term plan from the outset

The Four man committee - 1 - a pretty weak compromise decision but rose from 0 because of involvement of Justin Walker (so connect with youth)

Rooney - 0 - pretty horrified at the prospect of him managing us long term. His casual performances as a player, his lack of engagement with the club & the constant lobbying from his pals in the press have all alienated me. Not a fan of rookie managers in general (see Clement & Lampard) but at least with their prior coaching experience, completed badges & measured personalities, I could see potential in both. I don't see it with Rooney at all & he would potentially take over with the club in a much worse situation than Lampard & Clement started with. A total car crash awaits.

Clough - 6 Steady without massive ambition

Mac 1 - 9 took Cloughs squad to another level

Clement 7 - should have got the season but didn’t play the Derby WaY

Wassall 7 - Steadied the rest of that season and harshly viewed by plenty on here and elsewhere

Pearson 4 Another who didn’t fit the Derby wAy but can’t really judge him any higher

Mac 2 - 6/7 got us going again, but then binned again quickly (theme here) when it got a little sticky.

Rowett - 9 We are paying for him leaving to this day, knew the city, knew the fans, played effective football, a better manager than some think. Boring football? 70 goals in one season suggests otherwise.... knew how to win plenty of away games too. Not doing too shabby at Millwall now.

Lampard - 6 Was excited and called for this one..... flattered to deceive, got a decent budget and just got into play offs, away form frittered away under him.... used and abused that summer before Cocu. 

Cocu - 6/7 sound appointment, but dealt with more poo than most clubs in the championship combined. How he got 64 points out of the squad he had I don’t know. Minor miracle for me. Hands tied and just looked jaded, forlorn and broken at the end.  Right guy for the wrong time you feel.

Most common problem and theme under all this?

We as fans got above ourselves with what we wanted and demanded.... and managerial changes that have decimated this club and that’s probably why we sit where we are as the strongest club in the top two leagues, propping everyone else on our shoulders.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Clough - 6 Steady without massive ambition

Mac 1 - 9 took Cloughs squad to another level

Clement 7 - should have got the season but didn’t play the Derby WaY

Wassall 7 - Steadied the rest of that season and harshly viewed by plenty on here and elsewhere

Pearson 4 Another who didn’t fit the Derby wAy but can’t really judge him any higher

Mac 2 - 6/7 got us going again, but then binned again quickly (theme here) when it got a little sticky.

Rowett - 9 We are paying for him leaving to this day, knew the city, knew the fans, played effective football, a better manager than some think. Boring football? 70 goals in one season suggests otherwise.... knew how to win plenty of away games too. Not doing too shabby at Millwall now.

Lampard - 6 Was excited and called for this one..... flattered to deceive, got a decent budget and just got into play offs, away form frittered away under him.... used and abused that summer before Cocu. 

Cocu - 6/7 sound appointment, but dealt with more poo than most clubs in the championship combined. How he got 64 points out of the squad he had I don’t know. Minor miracle for me. Hands tied and just looked jaded, forlorn and broken at the end.  Right guy for the wrong time you feel.

Most common problem and theme under all this?

We as fans got above ourselves with what we wanted and demanded.... and managerial changes that have decimated this club and that’s probably why we sit where we are as the strongest club in the top two leagues, propping everyone else on our shoulders.

Read the original post man!

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Read the original post man!

I haven’t the time to read others opinions - don’t you know who I am!

(Apologies my bad)

clough............10

mcclaren 1......9

clement........... 5

wassall / redknapp......5

pearson................1

Mcclaren 2...........9

rowett...................8

lampard................8

cocu......................5

the Four man committee...1

rooney..................8#

# need to qualify this; Far preferable to the Committee shambles but still unknown, though at the moment he’s started to reveal himself and he’s intriguing. 

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not having everyone claiming to be excited with Mac1?

Disagree - an ex England manager who had great history with the club,brenowned for being a great coach and with success in Holland and management in the English top tier. When you compare to what we had before (Non league Clough, Jewell, Brown, Davies, Burley etc.), Mac was a seemingly a great recruitment

Clough 6 desperate for him to be like his dad

mcclaren 1 6 apprehensive after his florist stint

clement 7 good pedigree

wassall / redknapp 3 always a stopgap 

pearson 7 decent record 

Mcclaren 2 5 snakey behaviour 

rowett 6 90s memories

lampard 8 the name, the man

cocu 7 decent record

the Four man committee 3 desperate 

rooney 5 no experience

5 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Clough 6 desperate for him to be like his dad

mcclaren 1 6 apprehensive after his florist stint

clement 7 good pedigree

wassall / redknapp 3 always a stopgap 

pearson 7 decent record 

Mcclaren 2 5 snakey behaviour 

rowett 6 90s memories

lampard 8 the name, the man

cocu 7 decent record

the Four man committee 3 desperate 

rooney 5 no experience

Clough 5-6

Mac 1 -5-6

Clement -4

Wass/Red -0wass up to 4-5 with RK. 

Pearson-7 seemed great on paper. 

Mac 2- 4 stupid. 

Rowett - 6

Lamps- 4-5. I’m a celeb antics from Mel. 

Cocu-5. Why?

The not so awesome foursome-0

Rooney-1 for effort  

start again  new manager NOW  

Archived