Managerial - how happy were you with them....

RamNut

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RamNut said:

on a scale of 1-10 how excited / happy were you with the following  managerial appointments at the time of their first announcement - not with the benefit of hindsight (in order)

clough

mcclaren 1

clement

wassall / redknapp

pearson

Mcclaren 2

rowett

lampard

cocu

the Four man committee

rooney

A scale of 1 to 10?

Make it 0 to ten and I might give it a go!

clough - 5 didn’t enjoy his tenure, always felt if his name wasnt Clough he’d have been sacked way before he actually was

mcclaren 1 - 7 enjoyable attacking football (gets a 7 for the 5-0 Gump Thumping alone)

clement - 7 just let himself and us  down, could’ve worked

wassall / redknapp - 4 needs must I guess  

pearson - 8 was genuinely happy when appointed, thought he was much needed at the time  

Mcclaren 2 - 4 good to Christmas and we all know what happened then!

rowett- 6 Fulham away defines his tenure ??

lampard - 6 didn’t think he was as great as everyone thought, there were plenty of occasions during his season where we were absolute rubbish

cocu -6 so disappointed for him and feel the players downed tools on him

the Four man committee - 0 just a farce ??

rooney - 3 not going to work needs a strong manager to work under and learn the ropes. Maybe a future DCFC manager though. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not having everyone claiming to be excited with Mac1?

There was a mix reaction, people were upset that Clough left and wouldn't have been happy with any manager coming in, and there were others, myself included, that were happy that someone else was in charge. (I was going to say happy Clough was gone but I was sad that it didn't work with him in charge.)

clough - 7

mcclaren 1 - 8

clement - 8

wassall / redknapp - 6

pearson -3

Mcclaren 2 - 5

rowett - 8 

lampard - 8

cocu - 6 - really reallywanted him to succeed but we played some dire stuff sadly. A mix of the management persisting with a style and actually not having the capable players to play the way he wanted. 

the Four man committee - 1

rooney - 6 - ballsy to make the 7 changes last game and change the style, however we still didnt get the win we needed. 

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

on a scale of 1-10 how excited / happy were you with the following  managerial appointments at the time of their first announcement - not with the benefit of hindsight (in order)

clough

mcclaren 1

clement

wassall / redknapp

pearson

Mcclaren 2

rowett

lampard

cocu

the Four man committee

rooney

Good thread!!

18 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

clough - 5 didn’t enjoy his tenure, always felt if his name wasnt Clough he’d have been sacked way before he actually was

mcclaren 1 - 7 enjoyable attacking football (gets a 7 for the 5-0 Gump Thumping alone)

clement - 7 just let himself and us  down, could’ve worked

wassall / redknapp - 4 needs must I guess  

pearson - 8 was genuinely happy when appointed, thought he was much needed at the time  

Mcclaren 2 - 4 good to Christmas and we all know what happened then!

rowett- 6 Fulham away defines his tenure ??

lampard - 6 didn’t think he was as great as everyone thought, there were plenty of occasions during his season where we were absolute rubbish

cocu -6 so disappointed for him and feel the players downed tools on him

the Four man committee - 0 just a farce ??

rooney - 3 not going to work needs a strong manager to work under and learn the ropes. Maybe a future DCFC manager though. 

this was supposed to be at the time of the appointment

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not having everyone claiming to be excited with Mac1?

Why not he'd been here before, at Man U with Sir Alex, won a cup with Boro and was deemed good enough (not saying much I agree) for England. We were nowhere with a rubbish recent past.

clough      8

mcclaren 1      7

clement      6

wassall / redknapp    6  

pearson     0

Mcclaren 2       7

rowett      8

lampard    9 

cocu     5

the Four man committee     6

rooney    6

I personally cannot score the last two, so have gone run of the mill average 6 - the shambles that is means I do not believe either of them have any real authority until a more formal announcement is made.  I am reasonably happy with Mac 3 upstairs though

clough senior - was already manager

clough junior - 8 prodigal son

mcclaren 1 - 8 because of previous links under TBE

clement - 7 because of media build up

wassall / redknapp - 7 happy for Wassall to get a chance, not happy they brought Redknapp in

pearson - 7 sold on what he did at Leicester

Mcclaren 2 - 6 uneasy about the return

rowett - 7 because I like ex-Derby players returning, feel there's a connection

lampard - 8 because it was fresh and not recycling the old guard

cocu - 8 because I thought it would continue the excitement, and again was not recycling the old guard

the Four man committee - 0 farcical situation

rooney - 5 think he may become a good manager, not sure he has any kind of bond with the club more about him, so torn

Archived