Our strongest starting XI?

Ellafella

image.png.324d06038ce9c2b10594606c2033f3bf.png

I was pleasantly surprised by CKR last game, his control and awareness are a lot better than I though they were. seems the ideal personality type that we need at the moment as well. Just really need to get him able to play a full game though.

I've gone with Forsyth because I think the team need all the chances to score they can get and I don't think Buchanan's delivery is as good. On his day Forsyth is still a good LB. Both are dodgy defensively at times.

Wingers cutting inside would hopefully mean more shots. I haven't included Ibe because there's no way of knowing how good he'll be. He hasn't played for so long, he could be our best player or a complete flop.

I think it's essential that Davies plays at the moment. Without him the defence is frail, has no communication or leadership. Playing Davies mean they should not be playing a high line. They should be sitting back and counter-attacking with Knight, Lawrence, Jozwiak etc. running at the oppositions back line.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

image.png.324d06038ce9c2b10594606c2033f3bf.png

I was pleasantly surprised by CKR last game, his control and awareness are a lot better than I though they were. seems the ideal personality type that we need at the moment as well. Just really need to get him able to play a full game though.

I've gone with Forsyth because I think the team need all the chances to score they can get and I don't think Buchanan's delivery is as good. On his day Forsyth is still a good LB. Both are dodgy defensively at times.

Wingers cutting inside would hopefully mean more shots. I haven't included Ibe because there's no way of knowing how good he'll be. He hasn't played for so long, he could be our best player or a complete flop.

I think it's essential that Davies plays at the moment. Without him the defence is frail, has no communication or leadership. Playing Davies mean they should not be playing a high line. They should be sitting back and counter-attacking with Knight, Lawrence, Jozwiak etc. running at the oppositions back line.

Not convinced this is a good idea as it just invites pressure, and we're not great at dealing with it. But understand what you mean by the need for Davies. 

Agree with everything else though.

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Not convinced this is a good idea as it just invites pressure, and we're not great at dealing with it. But understand what you mean by the need for Davies. 

Have you seen what happens when they play a high line?

14 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

With Davies you need to pick one or the either. Play a low block or don't play him.

Personally given that I think nearly all of our problems (even some of the defensive ones as weird as it sounds) come from the lack of goals going forward so I'd be looking for as positive and attacking line up that I could reasonably name in order to get over that hump.

17 hours ago, RamNut said:

417D0497-4232-48D0-82F6-E2493AD3DB6A.thumb.jpeg.716fd1cca58f399b7ec5828bbf0e6a7e.jpeg

very similar.

that wide left spot is up for grabs. Ibe played there in the u23 game v Southampton that you refer to. 
whittaker is left footed and he has got something about him. A little bit of class. Ultimately he might become a mobile no9 but i’m following Sir Matt Busby when he was wondering which of the babes to promote to the first team, and then decided - sod it - I’ll play all of them. 

i honestly think they’d be ok. 

Bielik for Evans and I concur

18 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’d love to be a fan of Bielik - not least because i was aware of him before he moved to Arsenal -  but I have become a sceptic. 
he just looks clumsy in midfield. I have a recurring nightmare of Wigan away where he was subbed to avoid being sent off, and his passing was awful. He was then subsequently sent off v Charlton at home shortly after. 

he played centre back the other week and allowed the guy to score from the edge of the box because he was too slow to close him down. One of those where keogh would have thrown himself in the way. Not sure that he is a natural centre back.

like wisdom, he is rowett type of player. Big, strong and physical and he appeals to those who value brute force, but I tend to favour skill; Colin Todd over kenny burns; Roy McFarland over Larry Lloyd; sugar ray leonard over roberto Duran. I can be pursuaded. I loved Rioch at his absolute dirtiest. Just remain to be convinced by Bielik that’s all.

I wholeheartedly agree, but we cannot ignore that those down the road won the European Cup with Burns and Lloyd as centre backs, more recently those slightly further down the road won the league with Morgan and Huth....

MARSHALL

BYRNE     BIELIK      CLARKE    BUCHANAN

SHINNIE

KNIGHT       SIBLEY

JOZWIAK                                    IBE

KAZIM

B-Team

ROOS

MCDONALD  WISDOM  DAVIES  FORSYTH

EVANS     BIRD

WAGHORN    LAWRENCE     WHITTAKER

HECTOR-INGRAM

C-Team

RAVAS

EBOSELE    MIKE   SOLOMON   BROWN

ROONEY

WATSON                 BROWN

IBRAHIM

STRETTON    DUNCAN

Missed out Holmes. 

On 29/11/2020 at 22:06, Carl Sagan said:

If everyone's fully fit then Bielik has to play. And I know people think Kazim-Richards had a good game, but it was only one game. He wouldn't make my best 11. 

He might not be in the best eleven players but we certainly need a proper number 9 and he’s the only one we have so for me, for now, he’s in our strongest eleven.

Marshall 

Byrne(wisdom) Davies Clarke Buchanan

Bielik(bird)

Knight(Holmes) Sibley (Shinnie) 

Jozwiak (Waghorn) CKR Lawrence (Whittaker)

Best eleven for me based on what we have fit and available. 
The players in brackets are those I’d look to rotate in throughout the games/in heavy schedules so that we can keep fresh. 

Archived