Black Friday

Mostyn6

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cstand said:

Nice. I pay the £5 pm anything happens. Replaced my £2200 tv in January when they couldn’t fix it. 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Anyone looking for anything specific in the Black Friday sales?

I'm looking for speakers to pair with a turntable.

It's Bluetooth enabled, but it sounds pretty poor on the existing crappy hi-fi system.

Ideally I'd like to stay within the Sonos system we've already got, but I can't justify paying the money for a Play 5, so I'm looking for a standalone speaker setup.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm looking for speakers to pair with a turntable.

It's Bluetooth enabled, but it sounds pretty poor on the existing crappy hi-fi system.

Ideally I'd like to stay within the Sonos system we've already got, but I can't justify paying the money for a Play 5, so I'm looking for a standalone speaker setup.

think outside the box. Buy 2 of these, Then you can switch between your media (iphone), take on holidays/picnics etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Battery-Waterproof/dp/B07CGB15VM/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=jbl&qid=1605988690&sr=8-6

1 hour ago, cstand said:

John Lewis have a 65 inch Sony Bravia for about £750 at the moment. I’ve often looked at Samsung for TVs but always end up going Sony for some reason.

4K ultra HD smart TV

I’ve been waiting patiently for Black Friday. Kind of pisses me off that there’s so many pre-black Friday deals. I much prefer when there’s just one day, and I know what day that is. Now I wouldn’t be surprised if half the things I want are sold out by Friday. 

anyway, I need:

- 2x Apple watches

- 1x iPad 

- a bunch of kids toys (lots of sylvanian family)

- some posh pyjamas 

- the remote control baby yoda toy. 

- a Lego baby yoda 

you know what annoys me about Christmas shopping? When you’re dead organised and buy presents too early:

a) you forget where you’ve hidden them. 
b) you forget how much you spent on them, so you still end up spending your normal budget in December and everyone just ends up with twice as much crap. 
c) I’ve got a bunch of perfectly good switch games in the house now that I’m not allowed to play for another month. 

39 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve been waiting patiently for Black Friday. Kind of pisses me off that there’s so many pre-black Friday deals. I much prefer when there’s just one day, and I know what day that is. Now I wouldn’t be surprised if half the things I want are sold out by Friday. 

anyway, I need:

- 2x Apple watches

- 1x iPad 

- a bunch of kids toys (lots of sylvanian family)

- some posh pyjamas 

- the remote control baby yoda toy. 

- a Lego baby yoda 

you know what annoys me about Christmas shopping? When you’re dead organised and buy presents too early:

a) you forget where you’ve hidden them. 
b) you forget how much you spent on them, so you still end up spending your normal budget in December and everyone just ends up with twice as much crap. 
c) I’ve got a bunch of perfectly good switch games in the house now that I’m not allowed to play for another month. 

Costco might be an option for iPad 

https://www.costco.co.uk/Computers/iPad-Tablets/c/cos_16.3

I remember my younger days when 'stuff' mattered - one of the greatest things about ageing is that these things really do become less important. I find it befuddling now to see people who obviously work so hard to earn their cash seemingly willing to be so easily parted from it.

Don't mean to sound like a sourpuss - it's just how it gets when you realise it brings so little long term joy.

Archived