DCFC Christmas decorations

RoyMac5

Thanks to @angieram saying how sparse her Christmas tree might be this year, and wondering what glorious creations the DCFC family might have, will social medja reveal all?!

Anyway I wondered who has any Derby themed Christmas decorations - not counting yer ordinary black and white bits? Do little rams hang off your tree? ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ooh that's cool, did you get it from the Ramtique (judging its age ? )?

I like to look after things!  Got a problem with that?   ?

... EDIT...

Anyway, nobody slags off the nerdy "Vintage shirt" collectors!  I happen to like collecting old DCFC Xmas tree baubles.  So far, I have... erm... one!

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I like to look after things!  Got a problem with that?   ?

... EDIT...

Anyway, nobody slags off the nerdy "Vintage shirt" collectors!  I happen to like collecting old DCFC Xmas tree baubles.  So far, I have... erm... one!

I am currently writing a book on Derby County Christmas decorations 1884-2020 Mucker. With your permission I would like to use that photo. I will even put it on the front cover if you like.

If anyone else has any photos that would be great because the publisher is hassling me to thicken out the book a little. So far I have this one and my Mel Sage / Phil Gee decorative Advent candle but otherwise am running slightly short of relevant material.

My wife has criticised me saying that this was an ill thought out, ill conceived idea. So what do you reckon Rams fans? Do you have a Paul Emson bauble, an Alan Ramage star or maybe a decorative Billy Caskey and Vic Moreland mini Xmas tree with a small train running around the bottom of it. Together we can do this! 

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am currently writing a book on Derby County Christmas decorations 1884-2020 Mucker. With your permission I would like to use that photo. I will even put it on the front cover if you like.

If anyone else has any photos that would be great because the publisher is hassling me to thicken out the book a little. So far I have this one and my Mel Sage / Phil Gee decorative Advent candle but otherwise am running slightly short of relevant material.

My wife has criticised me saying that this was an ill thought out, ill conceived idea. So what do you reckon Rams fans? Do you have a Paul Emson bauble, an Alan Ramage star or maybe a decorative Billy Caskey and Vic Moreland mini Xmas tree with a small train running around the bottom of it. Together we can do this! 

I put Jeremy Keith on the top of my tree every year, and position him in such a way that there is no chance of him falling off. ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Yes!  Yes you can.

... Front cover pic would be extra, obvs!

Oh... And I'll expect a bit for using my surname in the book title, natch!  (I assume the "Mucker" bit wasn't part of the title, but the "1884" clearly is!)

Email me the contract over, and I'll get my legal guys to comb through it.  No rush though... they don't work weekends!  ?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve got a Derby themed tree. The ex bought it. Black tree, white tinsel, Derby baubles. 

I don’t believe in Christmas though, so its all packed away and won’t come out for years. 

Our’s tree is a real one from Derby County this year.

Starts off looking great but soon drop all over the place.

37 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ooh!  This is really getting me in the mood now!

Reminiscing now, about DCFC Christmas' past. 
My particular favourite was the Christmas of March 2018.  Such beautiful scenes... Best Christmas ever...

Was that the year they moved Christmas to March?

Archived