God I hate fire works

B4ev6is

4 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I envy you Gboro, our big ‘un is fine but the Jack Russell is currently under a bed and won’t come out for her dinner. Three nights running we’ve had fireworks. They’re beginning to annoy me now.

Our cat’s never been bothered and our eldest dog is OK.  Our youngest dog is a bit skittish so we bought a thundershirt for him.  I wouldn’t say it’s calmed him totally but certainly a lot better so it might be worth a try as people are likely to have some at New Year too.  I think it was about £25 on Amazon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There werent any organised events this year as far as i know, yet their were plent of big fireworks going on.

There must be people with massive gardens around here as you need a lot of room to safely set them off.

3 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

There werent any organised events this year as far as i know, yet their were plent of big fireworks going on.

There must be people with massive gardens around here as you need a lot of room to safely set them off.

Who says they are safely setting them off?

pfpydGn.gif

7 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Our garden is pretty big ... and littered with spent munitions. 9 dead rockets yesterday morning and none of our immediate neighbours set any off. Dog under coffee table. 

snap crackle wooosh and pop for 2/3 days is one thing but a 60 day percussive bombardment by J Arthur Rankers enrages me.

1 minute ago, jono said:

Our garden is pretty big ... and littered with spent munitions. 9 dead rockets yesterday morning and none of our immediate neighbours set any off. Dog under coffee table. 

snap crackle wooosh and pop for 2/3 days is one thing but a 60 day percussive bombardment by J Arthur Rankers enrages me.

Exactly why do they think its ok to litter other peoples gardens too?

My pets are wrecks. Night after night there’s been huge bangs like mortar shells. I’m sick of the selfishness of this, wish garden fireworks would be banned and only organised displays allowed to use them. Make quiet ones, that would be even better. 
my friends horse was bolting round the paddock having clattered its stable door down. 

Come on @Boycie, where are you to defend these firework displays?

I agree B4 by the way, and it’s not just pets that have to suffer, the elderly, ex military personnel with PTSD. It’s just pure selfishness.

We’ve had them all week round here, one house even decided to put on a full display as lockdown kicked in at midnight.

I love fireworks. I’ll try to defend them. But I’ll fail. I live them like an NRA nut likes guns. I’ll try to say they’re an important part of our culture, I only use them to defend myself, but ultimately, I just like them. 

I actually decided last year we’d only go to organised shows as a family. It’s cheaper, safer, and better, to be honest. We had a great time at an event round here. 

but with lockdown I had to get a little selection box from Tesco. And we had a nice time in the garden. I’m creating memories for my kids, like my dad did for me. 

someone moaned on Facebook on Friday: ‘firework night was last night, give it a rest!!’ That’s daft, I think you have to accept as long as there are fireworks, they will be going off for at least the 5th and the weekend, if not about a week. People aren’t going to have fireworks parties on a weekday. I told her she’s going to really do her nut on Saturday night, if she can’t cope with a couple of Friday night. 

I tell you what, dog owners, if you can stop moaning about fireworks for 4 days, I’ll promise not to loan next time I step in dog poo. 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Come on @Boycie, where are you to defend these firework displays?

I agree B4 by the way, and it’s not just pets that have to suffer, the elderly, ex military personnel with PTSD. It’s just pure selfishness.

We’ve had them all week round here, one house even decided to put on a full display as lockdown kicked in at midnight.

I just feel left out because I don’t have a dog to moan about.

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I tell you what, dog owners, if you can stop moaning about fireworks for 4 days, I’ll promise not to loan next time I step in dog poo. 

Different debate but it does seem harder to go anywhere these days without dogs being there.

I like dogs, but i dont understand why anyone would take a dog into a pub where food is being served. I sort of get having an 'area' where dogs can go, but they often have free reign of pubs nowadays.

Also, keep your dogs on leads people if they arent well behaved enough to jump up on me with their muddy and wet paws.

2 hours ago, David said:

You have a dog house though 

Have you tried them apple iDogs ear phones you bought?  Watch him deny it.

Apparently classic fm is a good selection to play through them while we all celebrate the stopping of Guy Fawkes trying to end our democracy.

Archived