Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Don’t get all the “palpitations” stuff with Wisdom. Made one obvious error last night. Has made sone great interceptions and last ditch tackles over the last few games. Looks to break the lines with his passing rather than sideways passing. Not a problem position. 

RCB is our weakest position in terms of first choice player IMO. CF is our weakest in terms of depth. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom is a confidence player. He is benefitting playing in a solid defence, led by Clarke. The whole backline are comfortable passing the ball around (including Marshall who keeps doing the classic 5-a-side dummy throws to fool attackers too! ?).

One thing I'd like to see more from from Wiz is the confidence to play the long ball instead of being safe all the time. Apparently, he was a pretty good DM at youth level and has good passing range, yet when the chance for a quick counter was on against Birmingham early on last night, he turned back and passed to Byrne and the move lost all momentum. I think it was because it happened so early in the game, he was taking more chances passing later in the game when we were comfortable.

1 minute ago, ramboy63 said:

Must be watching a different game than me

Well we’ve only conceded one goal in the last 5 games I’ve watched where he’s been a major part of the defence so, we’ve continually got lucky, played poor opposition, his team mates keep covering for him or he isn’t as dodgy as some seem to think.

56 minutes ago, roboto said:

Wisdom is a confidence player. He is benefitting playing in a solid defence, led by Clarke. The whole backline are comfortable passing the ball around (including Marshall who keeps doing the classic 5-a-side dummy throws to fool attackers too! ?).

His throw out to fozzy in the build up to the penalty was brilliant!

Defence at the moment is on point, no denying we’re going to have to bring 2/3 centre backs in though during jan and the summer. With MTW leaving we’re set to have no CB’s on our books by July 1st!

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

His throw out to fozzy in the build up to the penalty was brilliant!

Defence at the moment is on point, no denying we’re going to have to bring 2/3 centre backs in though during jan and the summer. With MTW leaving we’re set to have no CB’s on our books by July 1st!

this is why WR is fixed on Phil Jones.  Jones can shield the defence to allow Bielik to advance and improve our quality in the final third. And he can fill in at CB if injuries require  

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t see him as DMF...

not how people think of him but he's flexible and a complete footballer and with good advancing wing backs he would fit in well in front of the two centre backs. I think WR reckons the defence is now secure enough, whether with Buchanan or Fozzie and recent scorelines show this. The other view is WR wants a better option than Andre but I think he is now more focused on getting the best out of Lord Beilik. Whether PJ will come is another matter completely, will depend on his relationship w WR.

Is this what Terry Hennessey did for us? I was too small to remember his role  

15 hours ago, roboto said:

One thing I'd like to see more from from Wiz is the confidence to play the long ball instead of being safe all the time. Apparently, he was a pretty good DM at youth level and has good passing range, yet when the chance for a quick counter was on against Birmingham early on last night, he turned back and passed to Byrne and the move lost all momentum. I think it was because it happened so early in the game, he was taking more chances passing later in the game when we were comfortable.

Never really get this cliche, what player isn’t a confidence player??‍♂️

15 hours ago, roboto said:

For me it was the failure to look up which was the problem. 

I don't think he even knew the pass was on because he was running with his head down. 

He was under little pressure and could have risked a glance. 

But I guess in the grand scheme of things not enough to spoil my evening! ?

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

See Burnley takeover complete( American Investment company ALK Capital) not took as long as our so called saga. No excuses etc so this tells me how's isn't happening. 

Is this the same takeover by ALK that, according to Sportbusiness.com was imminent back on the 24th September?

Come to think of it, they have rolled out exactly the same excuses as Derby. I.e. none.

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is this the same takeover by ALK that, according to Sportbusiness.com was imminent back on the 24th September?

Come to think of it, they have rolled out exactly the same excuses as Derby. I.e. none.

That's news to me, I seen on Skysports news about 2 weeks ago about this supposed takeover of Burnley and read about it in the paper, just saying from information I've seen it's been sorted out a lot quicker than our takeover. Maybe you read more news business than I do. 

40 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I admire your stamina in rebuffing these silly comments. I would add, surely people can see that as they consume themselves with information hence they haven't seen the timelines or debate involved. They also wouldn't have seen the delays or excuses because, as you say, there weren't any.

54 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

That's news to me, I seen on Skysports news about 2 weeks ago about this supposed takeover of Burnley and read about it in the paper, just saying from information I've seen it's been sorted out a lot quicker than our takeover. Maybe you read more news business than I do. 

I just googled it as I suspected there takeover may have taken a little longer than you seemed to think.

I agree ours seems to be taking longer than any of us expected and may eventually fall through but, two points: these are complicated transactions (perhaps ours is more complicated than Burnley’s due to the Dell loan and the stadium sale) and the club have never, as far as I can see, put forward any excuses (as yet).

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I just googled it as I suspected there takeover may have taken a little longer than you seemed to think.

I agree ours seems to be taking longer than any of us expected and may eventually fall through but, two points: these are complicated transactions (perhaps ours is more complicated than Burnley’s due to the Dell loan and the stadium sale) and the club have never, as far as I can see, put forward any excuses (as yet).

As a side note it will be interesting to see if these new owners at Burnley keep Sean Dyche as there manager or if there ambitions want to invest a lot of money into the club and go for a more high profile manager. 

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

As a side note it will be interesting to see if these new owners at Burnley keep Sean Dyche as there manager or if there ambitions want to invest a lot of money into the club and go for a more high profile manager. 

Like Rooney??? ??

Archived