Match Ratings v Reading

sage

5 minutes ago, sage said:

When the grounds open then I will extend the time.

But do we really want to wait for a rating every hour and delay the averages going out. Ideally they should go out by the end of that day. Once you get into double figures the average barely changes. 

As I just said to Andy, it's your topic, not looking to step on your toes here, just feel the time limits the number of replies thats all, as you know I was on the Zoom call tonight with you and only really got chance to catch up on the forum gone 9pm having watched the Liverpool Leeds game first. Your call, just my 2p worth.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

I know what you're saying, but I watched Derby today, then Liverpool v Leeds before jumping on the Zoom call straight after, came off read a couple of threads and made my ratings before finding out I was past the cut off point.

You will also have fans which may drive home after games, not get home till gone 7, say hello to the missus and have dinner before jumping online.

A game where no fans were in attendance only 18 gave their ratings before I jumped on and was told I'm too late.

Just a suggestion that's all, if @sageis happy with that number of ratings then so be it, he's the one putting the work in. Just feel that when the ground is open it's going to be limited to a few reactionary ratings thats all.

I did say i would extend the deadline a little when crowds are in. maybe till 11pm.  I'm not sure that someone's ratings on Sunday morning after a night on the razz are going to be that helpful.    

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Oh righteo, if there's a strict time limit. I've enough deadlines to meet in real life. Won't bother in future. Thanks anyway. 

There has to be a deadline at some point otherwise there is no conclusion.  

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Yeh sorry, had a re think. First time doing it. Will be clearer next time. 

No worries, your the boss. I like the feature

I was expecting early ratings to be low and then be more reasonable with time. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not been playing, but seems odd why a cut-off time for rating the players?

Because otherwise the stats disappear into the ether. You have to have a conclusion at some point. See below.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Sorry about this but had a rethink. Closing the ratings at 9pm for 3pm kick offs and midnight for evening matches, as the flow dries up and delays the scores. Here are the averages from today.

Marshall 6.4

Wisdom 4.1

Forsyth 5

MTW 4.4

Clarke 5.4

Bird 4.5

Shinnie 4

Knight 4.75

Sibley 4.1

Whittaker 5

Marriott 3.5

Byrne 5.5

After each league game i will take posters ratings and give out an average by the end of the day. I will also give out a rolling average at the same time.  Will have a think about the cut off time for next week.  

Marshall - 7

Wisdom - 4

Clarke - 6

Te Wierik - 5

Forsyth - 5

Shinnie - 4

Bird - 4

Sibley - 3

Knight - 5

Whittaker - 7

Marriott - 6

Subs - Bryne - 6 & Rooney - 5

In my opinion Max Bird has to do more to effect the game and it’s pace, he seems comfortable going sideways and backwards but will be hesitant to move the ball quickly and forward. Shinnie has the same problem. Need Bielik back to play alongside Bird if we’re going to persist with 4-2-3-1. On 4-2-3-1 it’s rubbish, scrap it. We need to play with 1 DM not 2, especially at home.

the quicker Lawrence, Holmes, Bielik and Holmes are back the better.

also need to add a striker and winger ASAP.

9 hours ago, sage said:

I did say i would extend the deadline a little when crowds are in. maybe till 11pm.  I'm not sure that someone's ratings on Sunday morning after a night on the razz are going to be that helpful.    

You could argue that giving ratings on a Sunday morning is actually better as it would give us all the chance to give more considered and balanced opinions rather than highly emotional responses straight after the game when we’re all still angry after a defeat or pumped up after a win.

Either way, please do continue and take comments like these as suggestions rather than criticism.

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I had planned to do my ratings this morning so they were more considered and less reactionary. I’m sad now.

Fair enough though Sage if that’s the way you want to go.

I am listening and will go with the will of the people.

Poor start. On a positive note it can only get better 

This shows how much we need to add a couple of new signings get Rooney fit, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes and Bielik to come back from injury, with 7 still to feature, I think and know u will see a better Derby team 

When all fit. 

I would go with 

Marshall 

Bryne.   Te wirk.  Clarke.  Forsyth 

Bird.      Bielik

New.            Rooney.        Lawrence

New/Waghorn

Now that looks alot better team with Holmes, Marriott, Davis, Wisdom, Sibley, Knight, Shinnie, to compete. 

Marshall       6

Wisdom       4

Forsyth        5

MTW            4

Clarke          4

Bird               5

Shinnie          4

Knight           5

Sibley            3

Whittaker      6

Marriott         3

Byrne            6

I'm posting my ratings for completeness even if they're not going to be used.

Archived