How do they do it ?

NottsRam77

8m for Ben ‘never even scored a goal for them’ Brereton 

8m for Oliver ‘ 6 games and a couple of mazy dribbles’ Burke 

some lad called appiah or something I think they sold earlier in the season ... hasn’t actually played a game for them straight out of the accademy about 5m or whatever it was 

now twatty cash on his way to villa for 15 (fifteen) million 

is somone yanking my chain 

and we got 4.5m (in instalments) and a bag of smokey bacon crisps For Will Hughes 

un ducking believable 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

some lad called appiah or something I think they sold earlier in the season ... hasn’t actually played a game for them straight out of the accademy about 5m or whatever it was 

and we got 4.5m (in instalments) and a bag of smokey bacon crisps For Will Hughes 

un ducking believable 

Maybe their PR is better.

They report the maximum the deal will reach, and we don't?

I think they hype their players better than we do 

genuinely think they’re the Peterborough of the champ 

because they have a track record of selling some decent players

dawson , jenas, Reid, Antonio, etc etc prem clubs happy to pay that premium so to speak 

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

un ducking believable 

They've no ground to sell so they have to be creative somehow. Wouldn't want them to go out of business. Their implosion last year was the highlight of the season for me. 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think they hype their players better than we do 

genuinely think they’re the Peterborough of the champ 

because they have a track record of selling some decent players

dawson , jenas, Reid, Antonio, etc etc prem clubs happy to pay that premium so to speak 

In the case of the first 3 you're talking decades ago, they've already retired.

Antonio is the only recent-ish sale to make an impact.

Everyone else recent has crashed and burned, they don't sell decent players, they sell average players for decent fees.

Not a bad skill to have, mind!

21 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

In the case of the first 3 you're talking decades ago, they've already retired.

Antonio is the only recent-ish sale to make an impact.

Everyone else recent has crashed and burned, they don't sell decent players, they sell average players for decent fees.

Not a bad skill to have, mind!

That’s what I mean.

Kills u doesn’t it 

13 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Forests academy is better than ours 

convince me otherwise ?

I dunno mate, maybe it was the fact that we managed to knock out Borussia Dortmund from the Uefa Youth League and only get knocked out because we got the hard side of the bracket, maybe it was that our academy was champions of England the season before last, or because last season Sibley, Knight, Bird, Bogle, and Lowe all played regularly but we also used Whittaker, Hector-Ingram, Jordan Brown. 

Or how about the fact we have a cat 1 academy and Forest don't. But apart from that, you're spot on.

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

Forests academy is better than ours 

convince me otherwise ?

They have a history of producing talent don’t they 

forgot to throw wes Morgan into that lot 

I think it’s partially the accademy but the meadows in particular has always been a hot bed for producing good footballers for them ... don’t ask me why  

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

I dunno mate, maybe it was the fact that we managed to knock out Borussia Dortmund from the Uefa Youth League and only get knocked out because we got the hard side of the bracket, maybe it was that our academy was champions of England the season before last, or because last season Sibley, Knight, Bird, Bogle, and Lowe all played regularly but we also used Whittaker, Hector-Ingram, Jordan Brown. 

Or how about the fact we have a cat 1 academy and Forest don't. But apart from that, you're spot on.

Historically I agree with the original post ... currently then your totally correct 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Forests academy have also just been crowned champions of England. . . despite also not being category 1, which I’d suggest is a bigger achievement 

They have had players such as Lascelles, Darlow, Cash, Burke, Osbourne, Morgan, Bamford. All of which are or have played in the premier league, one even captained the side that won the premier league with Leicester 

then take into account the fees Forest received for those players

I get the fact that our academy is our jewel in the crown and it’s seen as blasphemous to even dare to question its end product 

but you cannot deny that up to now, Forests academy has ****** all over ours with nowhere near the levels of investment or category 1 status

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Forests academy have also just been crowned champions of England. . . despite also not being category 1, which I’d suggest is a bigger achievement 

They have had players such as Lascelles, Darlow, Cash, Burke, Osbourne, Morgan, Bamford. All of which are or have played in the premier league, one even captained the side that won the premier league with Leicester 

then take into account the fees Forest received for those players

I get the fact that our academy is our jewel in the crown and it’s seen as blasphemous to even dare to question its end product 

but you cannot deny that up to now, Forests academy has ****** all over ours with nowhere near the levels of investment or category 1 status

All historic though, you’re only just seeing the fruit of our academy investment. Hendrick/Hughes era was more luck and coincidence than through any investment.

No right-minded Derby fan can knock their production line of being able to get top money, without even selling them to Olympiakos, for their often average talent. 

With that said, first team academy breakthrough success is often due to first team circumstances. Just as when we had to play the aforementioned Hughes and Hendrick because we had zero money and were desperate, the same can be said with practically every single one of Forests as they have had transfer um bongos, been in managerial and ownership turmoil for a while, whilst not challenging at the top end.

We were consistently at the top end trying to get promoted, and at that point, it takes an unbelievable young talent to come into the first team to take the place of a multi-million buy.

Even now, id say the peel back of the spending and specific managerial appointment directed to use the academy is a circumstance...

With all of that said, if we come out of this coming era with a bag of Maltesers, a packet of monster munch and a rusty spoon for Sibley, Bird and Bogle then the club needs seriously looking at because these are young English talent that top clubs should be looking to spaff large amounts on just as we see up and down the league every year... Lloyd Kelly £12m, Eze £19m, Cash £15m.

Guess we will see.  

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

un ducking believable 

Cash will defo be going out in Birmingham with Grelish both wearing skinny chequered trousers that come just above the ankles and a tight t-shirt.

• Jordan smith 45
  • Ben Osborn, 181
  • Ben brereton, 38
  • Oliver Burke, 10
  • joe Worrall, 95
  • matty cash, 99
  • Ryan Yates 31
  • tyler Walker 13
  • 512  starts in total

• will hughes 144
  • Jeff Hendrick 150
  • jayden bogle 75
  • Max lowe 35
  • max bird 22
  • jason knight 20
  • mason bennett 18
  • jsmie hanson 14
  • louie sibley 9

505 total 

Not much in it.....we’ll soon exceed their total. They have sold more which indicates to me that we will attract bids for our players before too long. I’d prefer to hold onto them. 

12 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

un ducking believable 

I also note that Will Hughes isn’t being courted by anyone as well. Fully expect him to have a season in the Champ

Archived