All games on RamsTV whilst stadium is closed

Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good this is. 

However I have not renewed my season ticket yet. 

So surely they will be allowing people to renew again now? 

"Please Note: Derby County will issue its own club-specific update to supporters relating to the below EFL statement in due course."

The statement on the website is just the EFL statement, not club specific. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good this is. 

However I have not renewed my season ticket yet. 

So surely they will be allowing people to renew again now? 

I doubt it until supporters are let back in to a capacity above the number of ST already sold. In the meantime, I guess you’ll just have to pay to view per game.

So if I read that right:

Season ticket holders get all home games AND midweek away games

Weekend away games are available to purchase at £10

Non-Season ticket holders can purchase all games are £10

All of the above is true UNLESS the game is on Sky

8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

So if I read that right:

Assuming DCFC agree, exactly this.

Carabao Cup games too, again, unless on Sky. Like our first round is. ?

2 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

So if I read that right:

I think your final sentence isn’t quite correct. As I read it, season ticket holders will be able to watch home games for no extra charge even if they are on Sky. Also, midweek away games free to ST holders is subject to the club agreeing to it being part of the ST package. So, this might determine how much of a refund the club offers to those that have purchased a ST already. It could be something like: option 1) Full pro-rata refund for home games behind closed doors but no free access to RamsTV. Option 2) Free streaming of home games + a reduced pro-rata refund or option 3) free streaming of home games + midweek away games + an even further reduced pro-rata refund.

Probably best to just wait and see what the club come out with.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think your final sentence isn’t quite correct. As I read it, season ticket holders will be able to watch home games for no extra charge even if they are on Sky. Also, midweek away games free to ST holders is subject to the club agreeing to it being part of the ST package. So, this might determine how much of a refund the club offers to those that have purchased a ST already. It could be something like: option 1) Full pro-rata refund for home games behind closed doors but no free access to RamsTV. Option 2) Free streaming of home games + a reduced pro-rata refund or option 3) free streaming of home games + midweek away games + an even further reduced pro-rata refund.

Probably best to just wait and see what the club come out with.

Yea the Sky caveat seems a tad confusing

Third paragraph says : "an arrangement exists whereby all matches that are NOT LIVE on Sky Sports will be available to stream by clubs on iFollow (or club equivalent service)"

But then at the bottom you have:

"Sky Bet Championship Streaming

Championship clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10.

The new framework for Season Ticket Holders allows clubs to have the option to provide streams of:

* All home matches, including those shown live on Sky

* Any midweek away match, including those shown live on Sky

Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package."

So they can stream to season ticket holders but not to non season ticket holders?

Would be nice if this wasn’t just whilst the stadium is closed, why shouldn’t a club be able to stream it’s games and set their own prices?

About time the EFL clawed back some control of the game away from Sky Sports. 

Finances outside the Premier League were not great before Covid, there’s a revenue stream there to be had where clubs would be able to benefit from but can’t as the EFL negotiating team couldn’t even get a fiver off a used car if they tried.

Just now, David said:

Would be nice if this wasn’t just whilst the stadium is closed, why shouldn’t a club be able to stream it’s games and set their own prices?

About time the EFL clawed back some control of the game away from Sky Sports. 

Finances outside the Premier League were not great before Covid, there’s a revenue stream there to be had where clubs would be able to benefit from but can’t as the EFL negotiating team couldn’t even get a fiver off a used car if they tried.

Agreed. They’ll always use the excuse about match day attendances but given the chance I know most would rather go to the game than watch at home but it’d still be nice to have the option, especially for those midweek games miles away!

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

£10 a game! Anyone got a link ?

Yeah.....RamsTV, just got to give them a tenner first to watch.

Worth every penny.

That tenner which goes directly to the club and helps them enormously financially during this difficult time where stadiums are empty. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

That tenner which goes directly to the club and helps them enormously financially during this difficult time where stadiums are empty. 

I have wondered where my £10 went. If it all goes to the club then I'm more than happy to pay it each time.

42 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Think this is going to be as good as it gets this season watching it on the tele box. ??

Cinema's are open you know. I can see away fans and general sale tickets being postponed until the following season. But if a cinema is OK, an open air stadium at 2/3 capacity with people sitting next to the same people is OK too. 

Archived