Efl you have not broken us

B4ev6is

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/08/2020 at 00:09, B4ev6is said:

We shall always back our team I hope you have learned if mess with one of you mess with every single one of us. When Derby fan is in trouble you will find every single Derby willing to help. And when you tried you soon find out that we are willing and ready to help our club out.

Don’t forget to place the Horse’s head in Gibson’s bed @B4ev6is...?

3 hours ago, europia said:

I definitely appreciate our fortune in having Philip Cocu as manager. Probably Mr Morris's best bit of business ?

Hope so mate, I believe Cocu will do the business once he has a clear run without stuff like the Joiners Arms fiasco and the jealousy fuelled EFL charge to distract him.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's only horse play.

true,  I'm just glad the EFL didn't break us, because in the end our finances are stable.

On 26/08/2020 at 00:58, uttoxram75 said:

Its all good B4, the EFL tried to charge us because other clubs were jealous that Mel brought a bit of glamour to the club.

Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney, Phillip Cocu.......four of the best players of recent times have been involved with little old Derby and other owners are gutted they didn't have the nous to attract that sort of football royalty to their clubs.

Mel has raised the clubs profile, made outside investment more likely and his investment in the Academy has ensured we have a brilliant bunch of talented youngsters in our first team squad with Wayne Rooney as player coach helping them.

I'm not sure we realise how lucky we are to have Phillip Cocu as our manager. As a player, 100 caps for Holland, playing for Barcelona and PSV he won 4 league titles, as a manager, 3 league titles.....this bloke has brought his family and backroom staff to England for a 4 year project to get the Rams into the Premier League.

Thats why other clubs don't like Mel. They are jealous. ignore them mate and be proud to be a Ram.

If you see Phillip Cocu shopping in Morrisons in Burton, give him a big thumbs up and shout "We are Derby" to him whilst complying with social distancing rules obviously.

Well said. I agree with this wholeheartedly. Sadly I follow Derby County via Facebook (I don’t really use Facebook other than for work) and it is a bunch a clattering morons who seem to inhabit that page constantly moaning whilst having absolutely no football knowledge. Then I come on here as some sort of therapy. This kind of comment is exactly why this forum is so good. Proper fans, plenty of knowledge. 

Oh and going back to the original subject. B4 your season in season out call to arms via this forum are always appreciated. Don’t let anyone dampen your enthusiasm. 

4 hours ago, Bosshogg said:

Well said. I agree with this wholeheartedly. Sadly I follow Derby County via Facebook (I don’t really use Facebook other than for work) and it is a bunch a clattering morons who seem to inhabit that page constantly moaning whilst having absolutely no football knowledge. Then I come on here as some sort of therapy. This kind of comment is exactly why this forum is so good. Proper fans, plenty of knowledge. 

Oh and going back to the original subject. B4 your season in season out call to arms via this forum are always appreciated. Don’t let anyone dampen your enthusiasm. 

My passion for Derby will never ever go but just burns even brighter than ever before.

Although our attitude towards the EFL is not entirely positive right now, it could be argued that their academy programme, ffp requirements, and soft embargoes, have made us much healthier as a club.

we went from being a club that splashed the cash QPR style, in a lazy ill judged manner into one that produces its own academy graduates and In many ways is a model championship club. 
I’m hoping that we are a bit braver this year, and can raise the tempo and the attacking intent, because we might just be starting to build a very good team. 
te wierek and Clarke should be comfortable at the back. Bird, sibley, and knight provide the makings of a very good young midfield. we might yet have another couple of gems to emerge from the academy pool. Wilson has been impressive in pre-season. One or two of the new youngsters have caught the eye too. Add to that the best of the Lampard legacy -Holmes, Waghorn, And Marriott, plus bogle, Evans and shinnie - ideal squad players. Plus a smattering of senior pros - Forsyth, Rooney, Marshall, wisdom and Lawrence,  and yet more young players who should be keen to grab a place in the team -  including record signing Krystian Bielik, and max Lowe.

lots to be positive about, and in a funny way lots to thank the EFL for. 

Archived