Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence was still recovering from his shoulder injury vs Leeds, so I'd hazard a guess he's not yet training at full intensity.

Don't like that we haven't seen much of Sibley, Waggy or Holmes, but probably just minor niggles. I don't think Holmes was fully fit at the end of last season, so may still be carrying that injury, but has been training.

Without being able to watch it this season's pre-season games are even more pointless in terms of us taking anything meaningful away from them than they usually are.

Be better if they didn't update us at all to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lawrence was still recovering from his shoulder injury vs Leeds, so I'd hazard a guess he's not yet training at full intensity.

Don't like that we haven't seen much of Sibley, Waggy or Holmes, but probably just minor niggles. I don't think Holmes was fully fit at the end of last season, so may still be carrying that injury, but has been training.

Derby put up some training pictures yesterday and I can't see Waghorn, Sibley or Lawrence in any of them. So they probably have knocks.

Hopefully they'll all play a part against Sheff Utd next week and then against Barrow a week on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Oh dear. That's all she wrote.

Full time. Disappointing to not see any chances for Derby, other than what sounded a tame Wayne FK.

We have to address this major weakness.  Many games last year we created very little.  I don't care about preseason results and there were notably attacking players missing but it's hard not to feel concerned about our attack.

Still, we should be reassured that the management are seeing this and will do their best to rectify it with signings and on the training ground.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence and Waghorn? Sibley and a new winger?

Lawrence and Sibley definitely help. Don't rate Waghorn, so we need someone to play on the right, and wouldn't mind A. N. Other to help out either in one of the three positions behind the striker or up front. Someone with pace is a must.

Archived