Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I very much doubt Shinnie is playing wide left.

I would have thought it'd be more like this:-

Marshall
Wisdom - te Wierik - Forsyth - Buchanan
                  Bird - Shinnie
   Whittaker - Rooney - Knight
                      Marriott          

Shinnie played on the left vs Birmingham which meant we had better cover when Buchanan pushed up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Testing certain players in positions to see what they can do. We know what we're getting from Bogle, Lowe, Davies, Sibley, Waghorn and Lawrence

Marshall
Wisdom   te Wierik   Fozzy   Buchanan
Bird   Rooney
Whittaker   Knight   Shinnie
Marriott

I get that but Davies has played the games and I'd imagine he'll play second half. 

It's not about not playing players cos you know what you're gonna get. It's about them getting minutes in to build up match fitness.

If they don't play in pre season then they won't be playing first game.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I get that but Davies has played the games and I'd imagine he'll play second half. 

It's not about not playing players cos you know what you're gonna get. It's about them getting minutes in to build up match fitness.

If they don't play in pre season then they won't be playing first game.

The Sheff Utd game will reveal what Cocu considers to be his first team, with the exception of 1 or 2.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Hard to know what we are doing with these games. For all we know the players are intentionally being physically tired before playing to build that fitness. Remember us doing that in the past. 

Didn't we do a double session before the game with Zenit? That worked well.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Is Buchanan overtaking Lowe do you think?

He's clearly ahead of Malone and Forsyth in the left back pecking order

I think we can exclude Malone from any first team discussions now. I think Fozzy playing at CB is down to Cocu wanting him to be our backup to Clarke and moving there full-tie next season - with Lowe and Buchanan continuing to progress.

Lowe ended last season with a small injury. He may still be recovering. With him recovering and Fozzy being tested at CB, Buchanan is the last man standing at LB. For me, I still think Lowe is our best LB. Next season it could be close between him and Buchanan.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think we can exclude Malone from any first team discussions now. I think Fozzy playing at CB is down to Cocu wanting him to be our backup to Clarke and moving there full-tie next season - with Lowe and Buchanan continuing to progress.

Lowe ended last season with a small injury. He may still be recovering. With him recovering and Fozzy being tested at CB, Buchanan is the last man standing at LB. For me, I still think Lowe is our best LB. Next season it could be close between him and Buchanan.

I agree with you mate.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

makes sense to me. more than happy having ML and buchanan battle it out for lb with fozzy as back up

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I do hope as some posters speculated at earlier that the likes of Lawrence and Sibley aren't injured and there is a reason they're not being included.

If we've Sheff Utd up next and as someone has already suggested, Cocu will probably field something close to his starting eleven then I would expect Sibley and Lawrence to be in it.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I do hope as some posters speculated at earlier that the likes of Lawrence and Sibley aren't injured and there is a reason they're not being included.

I'm hoping they are injured with niggles, rather than Sibley being saved for a big money move.

We need Sibley in that team to achieve what we want to this season.

Archived