Camping Holidays.

Boycie

15 hours ago, richinspain said:

I am so trying hard to not imagine you in thongs! (I'm assuming that's not you in the photo, and obviously would never ever try to imagine another forum member's wife/female partner or female forum member in a thong either)

My favourite thongs are the dimpled ones, massages your skin as you move.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is a good campsite within 3 hours drive from here to take my 5-year old, just pitch up with our own tent and have plenty to do in the local area?

She's never been camping before (apart from Eurocamp) so the old school approach would excite her a little.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Where is a good campsite within 3 hours drive from here to take my 5-year old, just pitch up with our own tent and have plenty to do in the local area?

She's never been camping before (apart from Eurocamp) so the old school approach would excite her a little.

Thanks

3 hours from where?

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Thanks

I really like Longnor/Sheen area for walking, wouldn’t say there’s plenty to do unless you both like lots of rambling and great views.

Some of the campsites can be a little busy though, but you can find quieter places if you are prepared to search around and happy with more limited facilities 

30 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Thanks

Why bother driving? Just put the tent up in your back garden, use a bucket instead of the toilet in your house and don't shower for a week.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Derby

Depends what you want but our favourite area is around Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire. It's a lovely village with good shops & cafes and historic "Kinema in the woods" Cinema.

A few camp sites there. The biggest being Jubilee park, with a good outside pool & play areas.

It's also about 45 mins from there to Skegvegas, so we tend to have a day out at the seaside over the weekend.

A few old RAF airfields & museums not far away if you like that sort of thing.

Well, we've finally cracked!  We can resist no more!

Since starting camping in July 2012, we have never gone so long without camping! 

Not been since first weekend in March so almost 5 months... and we can't stay away any longer, virus or no bloody virus! 
We've just booked 3 nights for the weekend after next, and another two nights a fortnight after that.  

We'll see how that goes, before deciding what to do with the fortnight we have booked off work in September.  Original plan was camping in France and/or Belgium/ and/or Holland, but we are thinking we'd be better off staying in the UK for now. 
Of course, if sharing campsite wash blocks with others causes all our limbs to fall off, or more realistically, causes Muckerette to turn to lime green slime, then we'll not be going anywhere in September!

If we don't come back alive, I'll leave my recently renewed 20/21 season ticket card on top of the fridge in our kitchen... fight amongst yourselves for it!  

2 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Depends what you want but our favourite area is around Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire. It's a lovely village with good shops & cafes and historic "Kinema in the woods" Cinema.

A few camp sites there. The biggest being Jubilee park, with a good outside pool & play areas.

It's also about 45 mins from there to Skegvegas, so we tend to have a day out at the seaside over the weekend.

A few old RAF airfields & museums not far away if you like that sort of thing.

Thanks Wolfie - I played the golf course there last Friday and then went into a pub in the town. Was a very nice place! Will check it out from a kids perspective.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2020 at 17:10, rammieib said:

Thanks Wolfie - I played the golf course there last Friday and then went into a pub in the town. Was a very nice place! Will check it out from a kids perspective.

if you want to try out somewhere nearer Mandale Camping near Over Haddon is good and only a few hundred metres down to Lathkil Dale 

On 22/07/2020 at 10:47, rammieib said:

Thanks

On 04/08/2020 at 16:53, rammieib said:

Thanks @sage - I ended up booking Isle of Wight for a few days for late August.

I've never been - looks like there are a few things for the little one to do there so the days will be full.

Can you fit all the family plus luggage in your formula 1 car?

Archived