Test Cricket is Back

sage

The manner of this defeat, which is what it will be, is as embarrassing as any I have seen. It is not good enough to say winning does not matter, it does and from a position where currently Australia should be facing a long day in the field this reckless capitulation is unacceptable!

How come we’re not bowling short stuff with 6 men on the boundary surely the Aussie’s will take the bait.

And I thought footballers weren’t very bright. I’ve read somewhere that the majority of the England team were privately educated, well they’re not a very good advert for private schools 

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Do you really think intelligence has anything to do with "doing well" after a private education?

You only need look at our last PM but one for the evidence.

No I don’t I was implying that they’re not very bright (as in cricket intelligence) having probably spent a fortune being privately educated 

6 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

No I don’t I was implying that they’re not very bright (as in cricket intelligence) having probably spent a fortune being privately educated 

You went to Henry Cavendish...I was at Olive Eden, Both Secondary Schools, I left in the 4th year with no qualifications and yet we both know that this batting performance was pretty abject, At 188 for 1 and Lyon out of the game we were in the box seat for a good total...then...well 🙄

19 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

I thought she was ugly when I used to watch on the buses in the 70’s now I’m fatter and older she don’t look to bad🥰

A mate of mine went to a school reunion...Olive Eden...at RR around 5 years ago...I gave it swerve, He said no one recognised anyone, All the teachers were dead, The blokes were fat and bald and the women had all bought dresses from Laura Ashley had half their teeth missing and were covered in tattoos...I said to him...no change there then 😁

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I have two words for those criticising Bazball.

Dom Sibley.

Remember those days everyone?

I think Dom Sibley is more dimensional than what we've seen over the past 24 hours. 

If they took the ignorance and utter brainless approach out of Bazball it would be fine. You can be aggressive without taking on a stupid amount of risk. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way Crawley and Duckett built our innings with a run rate of 5. What came after was kamikaze. 

The best teams have to be adaptable regardless of how they want to play and what we've seen has been far from that. We were in such a good position, Aussie bowlers not looking threatening and then we turned it into one-dimensional cack. For how bad Sibley, Burns and co. were they didn't get spanked at home in an Ashes series - something which is now on the cards. 

It's going to take a lot of rain or a Headingley 2019 to get us out of this mess. 

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So you don't think judging when to play particular shots and when not to is an important skill in a 5-day test?

I’d rather watch England lose than watch him scratch about for hours on end.

Yes of course England have collectively got carried away with the one day approach and have fallen into the most obvious traps Australia has set.

However, the first test was a cracker and this one was set to be around tea time last night.

I’m afraid Broad and especially Anderson look tired. Robinson too looks a shadow of his normal self.

But it’s the batsmen that created our woes.

Going into the series I thought Stokes had the edge over Cummins as captain. I was deluded.