v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Crazy said:

With the new drop ball rule that came at the start of this season (wow that seems a long time ago), if the game is stopped and the ball is in the penalty area it is always given to the keeper, whichever team had possession. 

Cheers. Didn't know that.

Seems a bit stupid, i know in this case it wasn't a feigned injury but its hardly uncommon for them to feign injury and that sort of rule seems to encourage rather than discourage it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Poor challenge Martyn, but well done for apologising. I assume there is a similiar one somehwere on twitter from Yates for his reckless challenge on Clarke on the city ground that should also have been a red.

Frustrating thing for me yesterday was that it was obvious Samba was struggling with crosses yet we put so few in with quality.

When he was called upon to act he fumbled and we scored.

Mind you, we can’t talk about dodgy keepers.

12 hours ago, Jourdan said:

But why would they be pissed off?

They are above us in the league. We haven’t beaten them or outplayed them in almost three years. We have scored just once against them in that time. They have a far better chance of getting promoted. They would have settled for a point at the start of play so a draw is still a good result for them.

I love gloating. But it helps if there is something to gloat about...

TRANSLATION:  " I am determined not to get any pleasure at all from our last minute goal - under any circumstances"

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m massively celebrating a draw!! I’m euphoric in fact!!! Based on how the game went it was most definitely a point gained, we got out of jail and that point could be valuable come the end of the season. I remember being at the shitty ground in Snake’s first game when pinillos scored a last gasp header to draw to deny us a fully deserved victory and they celebrated like they won the league!! That point actually kept them up that season!!

Credit to Forest they were good today and got the tactics spot on and they were extremely unlucky not to win the game. We on the other hand were extremely poor by our recent standards, some of it down to them but much of it down to us not imposing ourselves on the game, not playing with the right tempo or intensity. But we plugged away and snuck what could be a valuable point. Why were we not at it, most likely because our youngsters were waiting for Rooney to do something and didn’t take responsibility early enough to impose our game on them. Another valuable learning curve in the evolution of this team.

Also, lamouchi has shown his hand tactically now. These youngsters learn quick and will hopefully avoid the traps the next time we play them - which could be in the game that really matters!! ?

Totally agree with all that 

imo we missed the two players that can carry the ball at the opposition and commit players ... Lawrence (suspended) Waggy (not selected) in Waggy’s instance if he was fully fit then I think that ones on cocu, he clearly wanted someone in the side to do that job in Lawrence’s absence by putting Holmes in there .. but he was poor again today....

then jflo, who did ok .. just gave us that ability to get at them a bit and commit a player or two to make space for others ... something we sorely lacked which in turn creates the space for sibley and co to move into by dragging others across 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Totally agree with all that 

imo we missed the two players that can carry the ball at the opposition and commit players ... Lawrence (suspended) Waggy (not selected) in Waggy’s instance if he was fully fit then I think that ones on cocu, he clearly wanted someone in the side to do that job in Lawrence’s absence by putting Holmes in there .. but he was poor again today....

then jflo, who did ok .. just gave us that ability to get at them a bit and commit a player or two to make space for others ... something we sorely lacked which in turn creates the space for sibley and co to move into by dragging others across 

We have games every three days Cocu is only trying to get the most out of Martin and waghorn on a game by game basis - now we have a chance for Martin to show his stuff and get a new contract or it’s his last hurrah in a Rams shirt 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We have games every three days Cocu is only trying to get the most out of Martin and waghorn on a game by game basis - now we have a chance for Martin to show his stuff and get a new contract or it’s his last hurrah in a Rams shirt 

Oh I get that .... just in a forest game ... surely u go your strongest side and worry about what follows after ... well from a fans point of view U do lol

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Oh I get that .... just in a forest game ... surely u go your strongest side and worry about what follows after ... well from a fans point of view U do lol

Yep I would have liked Waghorn starting with Martin but I understood why he didn’t and it’s a shame he got a stupid red card 

I thought our wonderful PC looked nervous on the bench when we started the game and that seemed to transmit on to our players and how we played. It was wonderful to see him so happy at the end because he knows how important the point is, he will be happy with our unbeaten run and how we kept on fighting right to the end and he knows how important such qualities are going into the remaining fight of the season. PC will also be very happy for CM.

A team who have poohoused two 1-0 wins against Brentford were gifted an early opening goal to sit back and defend. It was always going to be so difficult after that. 

I’d make that two mistakes in 2 for Hamer. I know Lolley should have closed down quicker but it was hardly a thunder rocket of a shot. 

I hate singling our any player so I’ll single out the position (I know that they’re not the only ones making errors but their errors are usually the most costly). With a Lee Grant 13/14 level goalkeeper we’d be in the playoffs now. We’d be a good 4-5 points better off I think? 

12 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Let's get some context still.  Yeah we played poorly.  Too slow. Too much sideways with little movement forward. But don't forget we now have a core of inexperienced players straight out of the academy.  Bird, Whittaker, Knight and Bogle are 19, Sibley 18, Lowe 22.  What Cocu has done this season with all the crap we've had is amazing.  We played cr4p but still got a point.  Forest (dare I say, sadly, a better team than us at present) intentionally played anti-football.  A plan that worked, aided by us.  I think all Derby fans would be happy just to finish this season strongly, make the play-offs even but, for me, I expect next season to be the one. I really do. 

OK, time for some Call of Duty. Laters. 

Forest are not a better team than us. They are a more effective team than us. I think it’s good to separate the two. I’d take our position over theirs when we get to watch the football and the young players we have since Boxing Day. I think we’ll both end up in the championship next season and they’ll be disappointed and we’ll be excited. 

I hope we learn a few lessons from the game.

it was noticeable that forest were shooting from distance early on. Dacosta and cash both had efforts from 25 years before lolley struck. 

in the first half of the first half (prior to the drinks break), we were quite poor. In that period Bird has 20-25 touches of the ball and only makes one forward pass - a 5 yard pass to holmes on 20 minutes. All of the rest were sidewards and backwards, including five passes hit straight back to clarke. We need to be more positive than that. Similarly when sibley gets high up in support of Martin, one of the midfielders needs to move forward into that void. Max can do that, but he stayed very deep. Eventually knight started drifting into that space. After drinks, he was more positive and we improved. 

the lessons will be more valuable than the point we stole, if we are honest enough to confront them.

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

For the last two hours, the Memsahib and I have been sitting outside, drinking beer, miserable, drowning our sorrows, completely oblivious to the fact that we had equalised.

The Waghorn sending-off had settled it, as far as I was concerned.

Just come in, read the score. "Bloody hell, gerrinthere" is the phrase that comes to mind.

Typical 92/97th fans

Archived