1986/ 87 Div 2 Champions

Danelaw Rams

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Danelaw Rams said:

Fantastic footage of the Popside....it really was a special place to be at times. People talk about "limbs" nowadays but to be packed into that terrace at times like those....you had to have been there I suppose.....

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

And here is one of those championship medals unfortunately sold by one of the players but in safe hands now! Part of our history ! Second division Champions 1986/87.

C533828D-189B-46E8-A7F9-4F156489E7EE.jpeg

A9594A08-BEBC-47A3-86B7-6CA654E5F7E9.jpeg

A huge part of our heritage and nostalgia....

....I miss the Today newspaper. Eddie Shah's wasn't it? ?

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Fantastic footage of the Popside....it really was a special place to be at times. People talk about "limbs" nowadays but to be packed into that terrace at times like those....you had to have been there I suppose.....

Brilliant memories

And nice to see  the late GREAT Ernie Hallam congratulating the players 

11 hours ago, loweman2 said:

And here is one of those championship medals unfortunately sold by one of the players but in safe hands now! Part of our history ! Second division Champions 1986/87.

C533828D-189B-46E8-A7F9-4F156489E7EE.jpeg

A9594A08-BEBC-47A3-86B7-6CA654E5F7E9.jpeg

Is that the best they could do? Was it part of a job lot from Medals R Us or something?

18 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Great video, unbelievable season... the best I have ever lived through. There should be a statue of Arthur outside the ground..! 

Not this season but I’ll never forget Jim Rosenthal’s line from the 88/89 vhs - “every season under Cox .. has been more successful than the one before”!

Archived