Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Zombieland (2009)

Not sure how this one escaped me until last Saturday but I enjoyed it. A good cast (Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg) and entertaining zombie road trip storyline with a very good cameo apppearance from Bill Murray thrown in.

9/10

Yes excellent movie.

Find that man a damn twinkie lol.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

pretty sure a number 2 has recently been announced

I think I saw a graphic from Cinemacon for it a few days back, but I dont think any cast members have been announced yet. I'd assume they'll get most of them back but you can never be too confident about a late sequel for cult hits (Sin City 2).

• 2 weeks later...

Kajaki (Kilo Two Bravo) - True story based on a group of British soldiers in Afghanistan who's seemingly simple mission turns into an absolute disaster.

The film moved me, i'm not really into "war" movies as such and didn't really want to watch it but my husband put it on. I had no idea it was a true story until the end credits and had a little cry. 

9/10 

• 2 weeks later...

Xmen Apocalypse 6/10

Never really been a big fan of the Xmen. Found this all a bit meh. Probably doesn't help that Sansa and Katniss Everdeen are in it. Don't know what it is, but a good chunk of the new generation of actors just don't do it for me.

Bridge of Spies 8.5/10

Interesting film, well acted and got me reading up about the people it portrayed after. Probably could have needed 15/20 minutes less that's all I'll criticise

Whiplash. 

About a young drummer struggling to make his way into the cut throat music industry, and his tumultuous relationship with his disciplinarian music teacher. 

Really good acting from the main two protagonists, and a great ending too.

Worth a watch. 

45 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Whiplash. 

About a young drummer struggling to make his way into the cut throat music industry, and his tumultuous relationship with his abusive music teacher. 

Really good acting from the main two protagonists, and a great ending too.

Worth a watch. 

FTFY :lol:

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Xmen Apocalypse 6/10

Never really been a big fan of the Xmen. Found this all a bit meh. Probably doesn't help that Sansa and Katniss Everdeen are in it. Don't know what it is, but a good chunk of the new generation of actors just don't do it for me.

I find a lot of them simply aren't all that good, they just... fit the mould, you know? 

Sophie Turner has pretty tough competition in GoT so is pretty low down the order, but isn't as bad as Jennifer Lawrence in my opinion, who I've never been convinced of anything by.