Coronavirus

1of4

59 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

The number of deaths given out doesn’t reflect the previous day.

I'm not following you. The number in hospital is influenced by those that have sadly died, new cases serious enough to be omitted and those that have been discharged. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Is it just me who ...you know....

Where is that guilty pleasures thread... 

Nope not just you ?

29 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not a public health emergency of international concern.

12 weeks later over 150,000 people are dead because the disease was not contained in China.

Yes they reacted too slowly and not harshly enough with China.

Our Corona medical team made a costly mistake, they announced the lifting of some restrictions would slowly start on May 5.  Now shops, malls and Costco are full of people, shoulder to shoulder, because, you know, it's over.  People here are mental and moral midgets by and large. 

Mrs ramit and i went out shopping for food, on the way we needed to get some diesel for the car.  At the front door of the gas station had gathered a crowd of 7-8 teenagers, laughing and fooling around and not budging when someone wanted to enter or exit.  Mrs. ramit used the opportunity to go inside to pay when the group moved a couple of paces from the door.  As she is exiting, 3 of them barged in past her, ignoring and laughing at her request to keep their distance.  Instantly my temper flared and i raced inside to confront them, loudly ordering them to respect the 2 meter distance rule, to which they laughed some more, saying what, what, you crazy or something, we were just..  i tell you, i nearly went full gorilla on these creeps. but yelled instead that they better think twice before putting the health of my family in danger, to which i added idiots for emphasis.

It had to happen and now it did.  Hope they recognize me and send their fathers over to teach me manners, i am full on in the mood.

8 minutes ago, ramit said:

Our Corona medical team made a costly mistake, they announced the lifting of some restrictions would slowly start on May 5.  Now shops, malls and Costco are full of people, shoulder to shoulder, because, you know, it's over.  People here are mental and moral midgets by and large. 

Mrs ramit and i went out shopping for food, on the way we needed to get some diesel for the car.  At the front door of the gas station had gathered a crowd of 7-8 teenagers, laughing and fooling around and not budging when someone wanted to enter or exit.  Mrs. ramit used the opportunity to go inside to pay when the group moved a couple of paces from the door.  As she is exiting, 3 of them barged in past her, ignoring and laughing at her request to keep their distance.  Instantly my temper flared and i raced inside to confront them, loudly ordering them to respect the 2 meter distance rule, to which they laughed some more, saying what, what, you crazy or something, we were just..  i tell you, i nearly went full gorilla on these creeps. but yelled instead that they better think twice before putting the health of my family in danger, to which i added idiots for emphasis.

It had to happen and now it did.  Hope they recognize me and send their fathers over to teach me manners, i am full on in the mood.

Got to say it mainly appears to be the younger generation that have little respect for the Government advice.

Its nothing new for generation that doesnt understand the word no!

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not a public health emergency of international concern.

Let's check that quote in full shall we? 

"I am not declaring a public health emergency of international concern today.

As it was yesterday, the Emergency Committee was divided over whether the outbreak of novel coronavirus represents a PHEIC or not.

Make no mistake. This is an emergency in China, but it has not yet become a global health emergency. It may yet become one.

WHO’s risk assessment is that the outbreak is a very high risk in China, and a high risk regionally and globally."

21 minutes ago, ramit said:

Yet some opposition in the UK want the Government to publish their exit strategy. The Government are saying it will mislead people while we’re not over the peak which I must agree. As soon as any new advice come out people will start doing it.

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Let's check that quote in full shall we? 

"I am not declaring a public health emergency of international concern today.

As it was yesterday, the Emergency Committee was divided over whether the outbreak of novel coronavirus represents a PHEIC or not.

Make no mistake. This is an emergency in China, but it has not yet become a global health emergency. It may yet become one.

WHO’s risk assessment is that the outbreak is a very high risk in China, and a high risk regionally and globally."

The first case of Covid 19 was supposedly 19th November, Chinese doctors were warning that this was a SARS like virus at the end of December, this guidance was issued on 23rd January, some 2 months later.

I think we've seen how much damage this disease can do in 2 months.

If they didnt know how serious this was after this amount of time, this to me points to either a cover up on a grand scale, the WHO not investigating thoroughly, or both.

5 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Yet some opposition in the UK want the Government to publish their exit strategy. The Government are saying it will mislead people while we’re not over the peak which I must agree. As soon as any new advice come out people will start doing it.

Whilst I agree that we dont want to be sending out the wrong signals to the general public, do you not think businesses need some sort of idea of when things are going to start moving again?

Would be good for the economy if businesses could plan and be ready to hit the ground running when things start to re-open.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

The first case of Covid 19 was supposedly 19th November, Chinese doctors were warning that this was a SARS like virus at the end of December, this guidance was issued on 23rd January, some 2 months later.

I think we've seen how much damage this disease can do in 2 months.

If they didnt know how serious this was after this amount of time, this to me points to either a cover up on a grand scale, the WHO not investigating thoroughly, or both.

Five weeks from it emerging the WHO were saying it is a high risk, could spread from human to human, kills and countries should be checking people at the borders. Immediately after the Cobra Committee dismissed any risk to the UK.

Would a quicker response have mattered if we ignored it anyway? 

Archived