Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Positive things about Lockdown..

I’m a glass half full sort of guy, so let’s look at some positives from a personal perspective, from this lockdown. I realise some are struggling but life will be different after this.

1. Realising what is important and what is not. I used to stress about the wrong stuff. Appreciation of people, who do those jobs that are not glamorous.. 

2. Family. probably speaking to them more now than ever.

3. Having time again.

4. Family dinners sitting around a table together and talking. That’s an evening meal to you northern heathens.

5. Community spirit. Strangers nodding or asking if you are okay. An acknowledgment when you give somebody room when strolling.

6. The value of friendship and friends. 

7. Talking to and caring for neighbours.

8. Playing games, puzzles or doing quizzes, instead of watching TV.

9. Doing things when I want to and not being a slave to someone else’s timetable.

10. Reading again.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Positive things about Lockdown..

I’m a glass half full sort of guy, so let’s look at some positives from a personal perspective, from this lockdown. I realise some are struggling but life will be different after this.

1. Realising what is important and what is not. I used to stress about the wrong stuff. Appreciation of people, who do those jobs that are not glamorous.. 

2. Family. probably speaking to them more now than ever.

3. Having time again.

4. Family dinners sitting around a table together and talking. That’s an evening meal to you northern heathens.

5. Community spirit. Strangers nodding or asking if you are okay. An acknowledgment when you give somebody room when strolling.

6. The value of friendship and friends. 

7. Talking to and caring for neighbours.

8. Playing games, puzzles or doing quizzes, instead of watching TV.

9. Doing things when I want to and not being a slave to someone else’s timetable.

10. Reading again.

Tea we call it tea up here. Here is an example, “ay up me duck!! When’s tea ready, am crackered”.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I understand your point but how do we overcome the problem? Banning all shopping except for food, medication and cleaning products?

At least with the advice 80% won’t go out to just buy something like kitchen paint which is better than potentially 0%.

I just thought the original criticism was a tad unfair on “plod” and another chance to have a cheap shot at authority.

Order online.

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Yes, I had a weird one the other night where I was in a cell on death row which turned out to be my office at work. Probably sums up the situation at work. I have also had a couple of pleasant ones with lots of smiley, friendly people.

I had a weird one which I struggled to analyse for a while - I actually dreamed that I was a Geordie doing a load of work for Damon Albarn, which set me back a bit because I'm a metalhead and not at all into 'Britpop'.

Then I twigged.

Blur Jobs.

3 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I had to smile at work this morning watching 2 pallets of garden compost getting stripped in the same way a month ago the toilet roll pallets used to get stripped.

I was looking at a company called Grass seeds on Line ,thought it may be the way forward ,until I looked at the price £164 kin ell.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I can’t unsee this.. Thanks for that..

Soggy chips, soggy peas.. Ruined a good pie.

Putney Pies is a place of wonder - as in "I wonder how many of these wonderful pies I can eat and still be able to walk to Craven Cottage?"

17 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I was looking at a company called Grass seeds on Line ,thought it may be the way forward ,until I looked at the price £164 kin ell.

A lot of places are cashing in aren’t they?

Have you seen the price of weights and fitness machines if you can get them?

I would say today was our busiest day since the lockdown started,no idea why.

35 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Yum?
xRsHXBH.png

Where the friggin hell is that meal served, I'd have to be on hunger strike and force fed that bilge before, The gravy could and I say this with tongue in cheek could be OK, And the plate is too small anall.

This is better.

6796202542_fc6ed221b2_b.jpg

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I would say today was our busiest day since the lockdown started,no idea why.

The impression I got from the News this morning that certain aspects of the lockdown have been eased going to see relatives etc .Maybe it's that ,the roads have been a bit busier today as well hope it doesn't breakdown too much .

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The impression I got from the News this morning that certain aspects of the lockdown have been eased going to see relatives etc .Maybe it's that ,the roads have been a bit busier today as well hope it doesn't breakdown too much .

I thought the only change was allowing people to go and stay with someone else if there had been a relationship breakdown at your normal home (a move no doubt in response to the worrying increase in domestic violence). I don't remember anything else about going to see relatives. I must have missed that.

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I just thought the original criticism was a tad unfair on “plod” and another chance to have a cheap shot at authority.

What you are missing is the fact that it’s not up to them to start making up their own guidelines. They cannot invent rules such as:

you can buy stuff to mend a fence, but not to paint your kitchen

you can’t stand in your own front garden

That the Police have a right to decide whether you’re shopping items are essential or non-essential.

It’s all baalocks. 

Archived