Derby VLOGs

Rams-in-Spain

I only stumbled onto these a few months ago. For me, being away from the UK they actually give me a taste of the atmosphere of the games. There are a few Derby VLOGs my favourite being Goalhanger who IMO does a quality job. I also like to checkout the away fans VLOGs as most of the time they give you a unbiased view to how we are playing such as in this one. 

What's your favourite? 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Am I the only one who finds these kids recording their reactions to the entire game as it happens a little weird?! Just watch it and enjoy it without filming yourself!

Social media!!!  The kids of today have to be seen to be in it.

Loving the old man responses so far.

I find these videos pretty boring and it's not something that would ever interest me. But if an 8 year old kid can make $22m by doing toy reviews online, the guys doing VLOGs for DCFC could be onto something if they're pretty good and can capture a good audience. 

you only have to take a look at vloggers like Bootlegger to see you can really go places with these vlogs.

They can be annoying but at the end of the day theyre doing what makes them happy, and who are you to judge that?

If they want to spend their match filming everything let them, its doing nothing that negatively affects you.

I’m a grumpy old man (well early 40s) I just don’t understand why someone would want to video themselves watching football, and why on earth would anyone want to watch that? Narcissism in it’s absolute finest 

Indeed! For people like me who live outside the UK they give a great insight to the atmosphere inside the ground. Of course the quality of the VLOGs vastly vary but like I've said there are some decent ones. To be honest I enjoy some more than the official highlights or some of the garbage I watch on UK TV. And for the record I'm over 50 ?

Haters got to hate lol. 

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m a grumpy old man (well early 40s) I just don’t understand why someone would want to video themselves watching football, and why on earth would anyone want to watch that? Narcissism in it’s absolute finest 

Yes you and me are getting old texas, i was thinking the same thing watching Spurs v Manc City on Sunday.

Rows of South Koreans who have flown over from Seoul so that they can watch Son play for his club team in person filming the whole game through a screen not wanting to watch it at home in SK on a screen hmm.

7 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Loving the old man responses so far.

I find these videos pretty boring and it's not something that would ever interest me. But if an 8 year old kid can make $22m by doing toy reviews online, the guys doing VLOGs for DCFC could be onto something if they're pretty good and can capture a good audience. 

Being out there with my Vlogs partly helped me a get a job I’m passionate about. I’m humbled by the responses to mine. 

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe I should do a VLOG. 90 minutes of pure moaning and booing. Who’s interested?

You could vlog yourself live typing out a moaning post on here on the match thread. All moaners should do this actually, so we can check their reactions when we score to confirm they aren't enemy fans.

Personally, I hate to see people on their phone or videoing at a football game. I do find it strange.

But, as long as it isn't getting in the way of me watching then each to their own. If they want to pay that much money to watch it on a screen then it's their prerogative. 

6 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Put the camera down would be my advice. However, got to say, the VLOGs from the Leeds fans in the play offs at Elland Road were a thing of beauty. Seeing the venom aimed at Keogh at the end, the frustration, anger and despair. They were well worth a watch at the time.

Exactly! For those of us who live thousands of miles away or for even those who simply can't get to the game they do give a great insight to the atmosphere at the game that you simply can't get anywhere else. 

To all the Derby Vloggers please keep at it as you are doing a great job! 

On 06/02/2020 at 13:08, Squid said:

you only have to take a look at vloggers like Bootlegger to see you can really go places with these vlogs.

They can be annoying but at the end of the day theyre doing what makes them happy, and who are you to judge that?

If they want to spend their match filming everything let them, its doing nothing that negatively affects you.

I'd hardly call him a sports vlogger though.  His just a piss 'ead.  But a very funny one...

Personally I find it sad that a whole generation of people can't attend any kind of event, either a game, gig, festival or party without filming the majority of it, just so they can get a LIKE off a load of strangers.  I guess some of the lads above are doing it in order to get noticed with a career in sports media in mind, but if that's the case, write reports, do analysis, standing there and giving little soundbites about who's on top, or who scored is a piece of piss...

14 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe I should do a VLOG. 90 minutes of pure moaning and booing. Who’s interested?

You could VLOG how many shots on target we have ??‍♂️

Archived