The Politics Thread 2020

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

It’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest injecting bleach

But surely a disinfectant spray would be ok.
a couple of squirts up each nostril, and one to the back of the throat. Maybe one up the @rse just to be sure .

just a suggestion. Worth looking at?

Not me fella, Looking up nostrils and down a throat is fine, But when it comes to @rses you can count me ooot.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Highgate said:

Becoming more libertarian and further to the left every time I do this it seems.  Clearly this test views any concern for the environment as a 'left-wing' viewpoint.  Incidentally did anyone answer anything other than 'strongly disagree' to 'Astrology accurately explains many things' and if so Why? ?

chart3.png.1e8ea51a13e46ab662c5ab9149dbf1eb.png

Astrology is a much maligned and important part of science, misunderstood and mocked by most, including you it seems.

Only today, I checked my forecast and it offered up that Domestos was rising in Uranus, so now would be the ideal time to find new love or sort out that untidy shed.

No secret I didn't want us to leave the EU but really...

Monsieur Barnier, can I politely suggest you duck right off and busy yourself with the rather more pressing matters at hand than a single state's EU exit plan? ?

Brexit: Disappointing progress in trade talks, says Michel Barnier

The progress made in post-Brexit trade talks between the UK and EU has been disappointing, Michel Barnier has said.

The EU's chief negotiator said "genuine progress" and a decision on whether to extend the transition period were both needed by June.

The UK said "limited progress" had been made and talks needed to "move forward in a constructive fashion".

The two sides will hold two further rounds of talks before the end of the transition period in December.

Mr Barnier said a joint decision would be taken on 30 June about whether to extend the transition period.

Full article here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52414155

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Monsieur Barnier, can I politely suggest you duck right off and busy yourself with the rather more pressing matters at hand than a single state's EU exit plan? ?

Brexit: Disappointing progress in trade talks, says Michel Barnier

The progress made in post-Brexit trade talks between the UK and EU has been disappointing, Michel Barnier has said.

The EU's chief negotiator said "genuine progress" and a decision on whether to extend the transition period were both needed by June.

The UK said "limited progress" had been made and talks needed to "move forward in a constructive fashion".

The two sides will hold two further rounds of talks before the end of the transition period in December.

Mr Barnier said a joint decision would be taken on 30 June about whether to extend the transition period.

Full article here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52414155

Haven’t they sorted that out yet? I thought it was all done and dusted since it had all gone quiet over there.

2 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Haven’t they sorted that out yet? I thought it was all done and dusted since it had all gone quiet over there.

So did I to be honest. Just agree an extension already! Whatever the in's and out's of it are of what was agreed, it's really classless of Barnier to be making public statements like this when the entire world is battling a pandemic. Does he seriously expect this to be a priority right now?

Disappointed beyond belief, not least because it's pretty clear that the EU themselves have some rather bigger fish to fry. Grrrr! 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

He didn't directly advocate people drinking a solution of aquarium cleaner either, but he advocated the use of hydroxychloroquine, and a couple of rednecks took chloroquine sulphate, and one died.

Yes but how many of them would have taken it anyway. I need to see statistical significance!

26 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

As a Brexiteer I think we can finally agree on one thing - given the timing of the announcement, the EU can go forth and multiply.  People are dying, world economies are grinding to a halt, the UN is warning of famines of biblical proporations but hey ho UK 'the clocks ticking'. 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

"Is there a way we can do something like that..." is not suggesting that you do it, it is asking if it would be possible.

Keep telling yourself what he said was OK for a world leader. You’ll convince yourself even if you don’t convince anyone else.

I see he’s now claiming he was being sarcastic when he made the comments so, even he has realised it wasn’t the wisest thing to say.

Hydroxychloroquine side effects include altered eye pigmentation, bleaching of hair, blisters in mouth and eyes, vision difficulties, diminished reflexes, emotional changes, excessive coloring of the skin, hearing loss, loss of hair, reading difficulties, skin inflammation and occasionally urinary incontinence

I reckon Trump has been tupping a few doses of his stockpile. 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Keep telling yourself what he said was OK for a world leader. You’ll convince yourself even if you don’t convince anyone else.

I see he’s now claiming he was being sarcastic when he made the comments so, even he has realised it wasn’t the wisest thing to say.

Not saying it was a good thing to say. I'm just saying the reporting of it is way over the top and twisting his words.

We know something that kills the virus, let's see if there is something we can do with it.

Is it really that silly a thing to say or is it just because who said it?

29 minutes ago, maxjam said:

As a Brexiteer I think we can finally agree on one thing - given the timing of the announcement, the EU can go forth and multiply.  People are dying, world economies are grinding to a halt, the UN is warning of famines of biblical proporations but hey ho UK 'the clocks ticking'. 

Begrudgingly gave you a 'like' 

*heads off for shower ?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

To be fair, we have pushed them saying everything has to be done by December.. I would hope that come June it is extended, I can see no reason to rush things now. 

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not saying it was a good thing to say. I'm just saying the reporting of it is way over the top and twisting his words.

We know something that kills the virus, let's see if there is something we can do with it.

Is it really that silly a thing to say or is it just because who said it?

Yes. 

13 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

To be fair, we have pushed them saying everything has to be done by December.. I would hope that come June it is extended, I can see no reason to rush things now. 

That's what I was thinking. The UK said it wants to be done by December, Barnier is just saying get on with it then. Or don't expect it to be done by your own deadline. 

44 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Trump has now said he was being sarcastic

That's not sarcasm though?

1) Americans dont really do or get sarcasm to start with (Broad generalisation, but not far off) and it wasn't sarcastic. He spoke seriously to his chief medical officer sharing his genius idea. She looked very ill at ease.

2) He is a first class duckwit, totally out of his depth with CV19 crisis.

Archived