v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

No way Waghorn was offside there. If he was its SHOCKING forward play as he was looking across the line and asking for the pass. Ends a Derby counter after a bit of a scramble infront of Hamer's goal that saw Marriott chest it (by charging at someone and having it ricochet) back to the goalkeeper.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Is there anything more boring than people asking why we don’t play Marriott and Martin together

It has been answered about a million times but still, I know the same will be asked an hour before kick off of our next game

Watching Cocu's starting teams are far more boring!

Just now, nottingram said:

Is there anything more boring than people asking why we don’t play Marriott and Martin together

It has been answered about a million times but still, I know the same will be asked an hour before kick off of our next game

Because they’re our best forwards and they link up the best, as evident in that Boro home game and after the forest game Cocu just suddenly stopped playing them both together. Seems bizarre to not even try them together again since the forest game. It also gets Lawrence into the game more as it means he plays more centrally. Martin works best with people up and close to him like Bryson at his best used to and Marriott plays best in a front 2.  Playing Martin like this is useless, he’s not a magician and can’t create everything up front himself. 

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Has it been answered other than Cocu logic 

played it twice one win at home to boro and one much improved away performance against the dogs and then it’s canned 

We’re all ears mate 

For duck sake, can these Bamfords not stay injury free for at least a few months?

How did you get injured Tom? "Jogging while taking a penalty."

How did you get injured Ben? "I'm a goalkeeper and someone kicked the ball at my leg."

How did you get injured Richard? "I was involved in a high speed car accident." ?

Bunch of softies ?

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

Because they’re our best forwards and they link up the best, as evident in that Boro home game and after the forest game Cocu just suddenly stopped playing them both together. Seems bizarre to not even try them together again since the forest game. It also gets Lawrence into the game more as it means he plays more centrally. Martin works best with people up and close to him like Bryson at his best used to and Marriott plays best in a front 2.  Playing Martin like this is useless, he’s not a magician and can’t create everything up front himself. 

Marriott is never fit

Cocu sees them in training EVERY DAY

Marriott has scored once in about 3000 games

Archived