Rob Dickie - signed for QPR

Fraser_23

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I doubt we will be interested anymore if we’re able to keep Clarke, now we have Te Weirik as well.

Clarkes a loan, therefore we wont gain anything from him. Surely, if we are looking to move forward, and start making money on players, we should be looking at players from those lower leagues who can potentially do it the champ and either help us move forward, or create profit for the club. 

16 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Clarkes a loan, therefore we wont gain anything from him. Surely, if we are looking to move forward, and start making money on players, we should be looking at players from those lower leagues who can potentially do it the champ and either help us move forward, or create profit for the club. 

There’s nothing to say we can’t sign Clarke permanently eventually, even if it isn’t until next summer. That said, I do agree with the principle of picking up highly rated players from league one, especially younger players. They often come much cheaper than established championship players, and can make a bigger profit if they continue to rise up the leagues into the Prem. Dickie certainly seems to be a good example of such a player, and I would definitely back his signings normally. It’s just in this case, we already have an established championship player settled here, and it would be preferable imo to keep him rather than gamble on a new player if possible.

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Plus Wisdom, everyone's forgot how good he looked when moved to CB

And Bielik, and Davies too as emergency cover. Think we will be ok at centre half so long as we keep Clarke. 

As an aside, it’ll be interesting to see what we do with Wisdom next season. Does he remain at the heart of defence, or go back to competing with Bogle for that RB slot? Or do we cash in on him and bring in a new cover RB?

10 hours ago, jimbobram said:

My bad. When are the league 1 play offs? I was sure I saw the fixtures for tonight 

Early July I think mate, very odd that league 2 were on Thursday night, pretty sure they didn’t even know they were going ahead until a week before 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, irobinson said:

Ooo just missed an injury time header - could have won it for them - ET now

Could do with Pompey winning this - as we can get him cheaper and hopefully get a trip to Fratton next season 

Woops. 

Come on Wycombe! 

On 19/06/2020 at 19:59, Millenniumram said:

And Bielik, and Davies too as emergency cover. Think we will be ok at centre half so long as we keep Clarke. 

As an aside, it’ll be interesting to see what we do with Wisdom next season. Does he remain at the heart of defence, or go back to competing with Bogle for that RB slot? Or do we cash in on him and bring in a new cover RB?

Cocu has been very consistent in wanting one right footer and one left footer at CB. 

At RCB we have Wisdom, Curtis, Te Weirk and Evans as cover. 

At LCB we have Clarke (currently) and Bielik - assuming he recovers well from his ACL. 

I think Cocu will be on the lookout for a young left footed CB to be understudy to Bielik. 

Transfermarkt suggests Dickie is a right footer and on that basis I reckon this link is unlikely to happen. 

57 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Cocu has been very consistent in wanting one right footer and one left footer at CB. 

At RCB we have Wisdom, Curtis, Te Weirk and Evans as cover. 

At LCB we have Clarke (currently) and Bielik - assuming he recovers well from his ACL. 

I think Cocu will be on the lookout for a young left footed CB to be understudy to Bielik. 

Transfermarkt suggests Dickie is a right footer and on that basis I reckon this link is unlikely to happen. 

Is Bielik left footed then? I though he was right footed, if a little clumsy on either.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Is Bielik left footed then? I though he was right footed, if a little clumsy on either.

You know what, I was sure he was... But just watched some YouTube to check, and he is clearly right footed. 

My bad. 

Maybe we will be in for Clarke after all... Perhaps plus another LCB. 

We look overloaded at RCB on that basis. Maybe someone will be on their way out? 

51 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

We look overloaded at RCB on that basis. Maybe someone will be on their way out?

I bet we'd sell Bielik if we could get our money back on him, with Bird's emergence in MF and Wisdom's as a CB!

Just now, Carnero said:

I bet we'd sell Bielik if we could get our money back on him, with Bird's emergence in MF and Wisdom's as a CB!

Thing is, you can't sell someone coming back from an ACL until they have proven their ability is unaffected. And I don't think he will even be fit enough to play until after the window closes. 

Archived