Nigel Pearson favourite for the Watford job

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair I didn’t realise that until I checked their fixture list! Thing is I really need Villa to go down to wind up my Mate who supports them. Up the Cherries it is I guess

Half of my family is Villa, I'm desperate for them to go down.

I don't like Bournemouth or Smug Eddie ((c) @Alpha) either but I think they'll be the ones to stay up unfortunately.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

When Pearson failed with putting Hughes in defensive midfield at Derby, you'd think he'd learnt his lesson. Clearly not it seems.

There are many things to level at Pearson but I really don't agree with that one.

He was coming back from a serious injury, it had robbed him of a few of the physical aspects of his game and he had to alter his game to suit.  DM was a good place to get him back playing.

Pre-ACL he really could have found a place in a top 6/8 PL team or somewhere abroad. Most fans could see the poitential for that and made big predictions for his future.

Some Derby fans seem to fantasise about Hughes and think he was the same player pre and post ACL, but there was (and is) a marked difference in his style of play. He was never truly going to have the athleticism to excel at PL level, but he used to be able to tackle, turn, drive forward and start attacks. A lot of that has been robbed from him.

Post-ACL he had to change a bit, he's still a PL level player but he's never going to perform above his current position.

Some fans have taken his lack of progress beyong mid-to-low-table PL level as proof that he was never all that we built him up to be, but they disregard the impact one major injury had on his career trajectory.

It's a damn shame.

11 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

C'mon Watford, stay up.

My heart may break seeing Hughes line up in the Championship against us!

I don't think Hughes will be in the championship next season, even if Watford are relegated. 

12 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

C'mon Watford, stay up.

My heart may break seeing Hughes line up in the Championship against us!

I’ve changed my mind. I want Villa to stay up and Watford to come down. Hughes to return to us when we activate an unknown £2m release clause and he guides us to the title next season.

14 hours ago, Coconut said:

There are many things to level at Pearson but I really don't agree with that one.

He was coming back from a serious injury, it had robbed him of a few of the physical aspects of his game and he had to alter his game to suit.  DM was a good place to get him back playing.

Pre-ACL he really could have found a place in a top 6/8 PL team or somewhere abroad. Most fans could see the poitential for that and made big predictions for his future.

Some Derby fans seem to fantasise about Hughes and think he was the same player pre and post ACL, but there was (and is) a marked difference in his style of play. He was never truly going to have the athleticism to excel at PL level, but he used to be able to tackle, turn, drive forward and start attacks. A lot of that has been robbed from him.

Post-ACL he had to change a bit, he's still a PL level player but he's never going to perform above his current position.

Some fans have taken his lack of progress beyong mid-to-low-table PL level as proof that he was never all that we built him up to be, but they disregard the impact one major injury had on his career trajectory.

It's a damn shame.

I’m not sure about that

The best we saw of Hughes was immediately after his knee injury when Wassall gave him freedom to do what he wantedIf anything, his game’s now more about his physicality which is probably where he’s gone off the rails.

CE553E60-B4DF-46AD-91E0-427B879706B4.jpeg

On 06/12/2019 at 15:24, Millenniumram said:

I’m serious, their owner is like Cellino was at Leeds, he doesn’t mess around with managers. Can see Pearson and their owners getting on about as well as North and South Korea. 

Looks like you weren't wrong. Couldn't even get to the end of the season.

Archived