Nigel Pearson favourite for the Watford job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Watford board literally on crack?! What in all that is holy would come over you and make you ever remotely consider that muppet as a manager... Jesus. Almost feel a bit sorry for the Watford fans. Still, decent ish away day for us next year. They may even struggle to get the three points needed to stay clear of our record.

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Are the Watford board literally on crack?! What in all that is holy would come over you and make you ever remotely consider that muppet as a manager... Jesus. Almost feel a bit sorry for the Watford fans. Still, decent ish away day for us next year. They may even struggle to get the three points needed to stay clear of our record.

if he's the best does make you wonder what the rest looked like

27 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Bookmarked.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You think Nigel Pearson will succeed? 

Not really. 

He was a disaster at Derby and didn't seem to do much better in Belgium. But he did pull of the 'great escape' with Leicester, and he was very highly regarded until his spell with us. I imagine the game has passed him by to the point that he wouldn't be able to get a Championship team promoted again, but I don't think that rules him out of succeeding in a relegation dogfight. I'd say the odds are slim, but it would be foolish to write him off completely.

And it will be funny to piss @Millenniumram off if he keeps them up.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Woeful manager. I was hoping Premier League clubs had learned to stop employing the dinosaurs. Feel sorry for all of Watford's creative players, about to be kicked out for ''pashun'' merchants.

I think the foreign managers who’ve won in Portugal and other leagues have learnt not to take the risk to their reputation by going to mid-prem teams. If clubs can’t sell their ‘vision’ to them then you have to start looking at the supposed scrap heap.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think the foreign managers who’ve won in Portugal and other leagues have learnt not to take the risk to their reputation by going to mid-prem teams. If clubs can’t sell their ‘vision’ to them then you have to start looking at the supposed scrap heap.

But surely there is better on the scrap heap than Pearson? He's not been successful for 4 years, even dinosaurs like Allardyce make much more sense.

Archived