Nigel Pearson favourite for the Watford job

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I am starting to wonder if the real problem we had at Derby was that we had NP but not CS. Perhaps it is Craig that balances off the things Nigel's not good at/has no interest in that's still necessary for the modern game. Maybe he is the primary contact, when this relationship is running, to the owner, for example.

The good cop to NPs bad cop, if you will, that stops all the players instantly rebelling the moment NP starts calling them Bamfords. ? 

I'd suggest it was more to do with players having a direct line into the Chairman and not buying into the hard work that Pearson demanded such was, and still is, the comfort they have in their positions.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd suggest it was more to do with players having a direct line into the Chairman and not buying into the hard work that Pearson demanded such was, and still is, the comfort they have in their positions.

I’d suggest Butterfield shouldn’t play wide-right, Bryson shouldn’t be a holding midfielder, Blackman shouldn’t be and that selling Martin and signing Anya, Vydra and Wilson isn’t enough to get a side wedded to 4-3-3 playing 4-4-2…

Came here having read @Millenniumram 's comments in another thread....

But have to say @DarkFruitsRam7 having looked you are slightly stretching the point cos you gave Nige the most tepid of lukewarm chances of not being a total disaster too!!

Obviously if I had posted I would have said Nige would be amazing and definitely save them... So I can tease you both for your lack of football knowledge. 

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Came here having read @Millenniumram 's comments in another thread....

But have to say @DarkFruitsRam7 having looked you are slightly stretching the point cos you gave Nige the most tepid of lukewarm chances of not being a total disaster too!!

Obviously if I had posted I would have said Nige would be amazing and definitely save them... So I can tease you both for your lack of football knowledge. 

Oh I know! It’s just funny to wind Millenium up. Never right something off completely, no matter how unlikely it seems.

On 06/12/2019 at 14:37, Millenniumram said:

Are the Watford board literally on crack?! What in all that is holy would come over you and make you ever remotely consider that muppet as a manager... Jesus. Almost feel a bit sorry for the Watford fans. Still, decent ish away day for us next year. They may even struggle to get the three points needed to stay clear of our record.

On 06/12/2019 at 15:21, Millenniumram said:

More chance of me keeping Watford up than there is of him. 

In fact, It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t see the new year if they appointed him.

A point against Spurs and unbeaten in seven. Still bookmarked. I’m degrading you more with every passing day.

On 06/12/2019 at 14:37, Millenniumram said:

Are the Watford board literally on crack?! What in all that is holy would come over you and make you ever remotely consider that muppet as a manager... Jesus. Almost feel a bit sorry for the Watford fans. Still, decent ish away day for us next year. They may even struggle to get the three points needed to stay clear of our record.

On 06/12/2019 at 15:21, Millenniumram said:

More chance of me keeping Watford up than there is of him. 

In fact, It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t see the new year if they appointed him.

Balls. Had the post all set up and everything before Villa scored a last minute winner.

@Ghost of Clough, let that be a lesson to you. Leave me to do my job.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived