Derbyshire Cricket 2020

rynny

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Good effort considering. How much are bonus points worth?

We've got 3 bowling points so a win would take us level on points with Essex. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, they will qualify ahead of us on games won. 

Let's hope Worcester can pull of a result against Somerset and then we follow it up with a win.

I'm not holding my breath though.

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

We've got 3 bowling points so a win would take us level on points with Essex. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, they will qualify ahead of us on games won. 

Let's hope Worcester can pull of a result against Somerset and then we follow it up with a win.

Would reaching 200 have equalled 1 bonus point?

15 minutes ago, Saul said:

I believe a Worcester win would see them qualify on wickets taken over us. After they just squeaked to 200 all out in their first innings. Such fine margins. 

I fully expect us to go and win this now, just for it to be even more agonising. 

I

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I believe a Worcester win would see them qualify on wickets taken over us. After they just squeaked to 200 all out in their first innings. Such fine margins. 

I fully expect us to go and win this now, just for it to be even more agonising. 

I'd not realised that Worcester were so close tbh. Nor did I know it was wickets taken as the deciding factor. 

Off for a little weep now.? 

Just now, Saul said:

I

I'd not realised that Worcester were so close tbh. Nor did I know it was wickets taken as the deciding factor. 

Off for a little weep now.? 

I just posted again, no one seems to know the rules. BBC Derby were saying it’s all over, whilst bbc cricket says we are still in it. I haven’t got the foggiest what’s going on now ??

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I just posted again, no one seems to know the rules. BBC Derby were saying it’s all over, whilst bbc cricket says we are still in it. I haven’t got the foggiest what’s going on now ??

I can't find any details anywhere - including the ECB website.

I might just ignore it all until we see what happens at Worcester

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is such a Derbyshire thing to do.

Before the end they were just scoring too slowly - at some point, wickets will go down if you just defend the balls constantly.

While Hosein was still in, it was the right way to play. It’s a difficult pitch to bat on, and only 2 batsmen have scored any real runs, and both did it by digging in. 

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A Worcs-Somerset draw would be good ?

Archived