Derbyshire Cricket 2020

rynny

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Here’s the team.

Hughes & Cohen miss out. Critchley and Hudson-Prentice down to nat ahead of Guest, so perhaps he’s not the number 5 batsmen I was hoping for....

7D12D31F-8652-44AC-8B8C-166BE01E4DE5.jpeg

Disappointed at no Cohen but it is a long old batting order, Dal just got 78 not out in his last game and he is batting at 8. 

47 minutes ago, sage said:

Disappointed at no Cohen but it is a long old batting order, Dal just got 78 not out in his last game and he is batting at 8. 

Yeah I’d have liked Cohen, you get the feeling its a case of Barnes playing because we need to see what he can do...

great start, by all accounts the 2 batsman currently in have been getting all the runs for Durham this season, so next wicket is a big one.

i put the live stream on halfway through a conversation about Rampaul. From what I could gather he’s in Trinidad & Tobago, and would have to quarantine for 14 days if he came back, so he’s not expected to, and we’ve seen the last of him. Which is a shame.

16 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

100 partnership for the 4th wicket, this is where I don’t like that the 2 bowlers with a bit of pace (Cohen & Melton) both aren’t playing.

Critchley has him. You were right about change of pace but in the wrong direction. 

Just now, sage said:

Critchley has him. You were right about change of pace but in the wrong direction. 

Hah, my other gripe with our bowling is, Godleman seems to take an age to bring Critchley on. I know it’s first innings, but give the leg spinner a couple overs before lunch...

After what seems like an eternity of nothing happening, critchley gets another bowl nd picks up two quick wickets.

The weather forecast isn’t great, but if we get to the second innings, and after the new ball overs, Critchley is bowling almost constantly from one end, I’ll be on here going mad ?

Durham declared overnight and let us chase down some batting points, this pitch is as dead as they come, offering nothing for the bowlers, the only reason we lost wickets was probably down to chasing after the runs as quick as possible, especially in the last session.

ended up 355-5, so 4 batting points. With the weather forecast for tomorrow meaning it doesn’t look there will be cricket played anywhere, we should still be sitting at the top of the group with one game to go.

This is where it gets confusing.....only the best 2 group winners go to the final, with one missing out, so I’ve got to work out what’s going on in all 3 groups now.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Durham declared overnight and let us chase down some batting points, this pitch is as dead as they come, offering nothing for the bowlers, the only reason we lost wickets was probably down to chasing after the runs as quick as possible, especially in the last session.

ended up 355-5, so 4 batting points. With the weather forecast for tomorrow meaning it doesn’t look there will be cricket played anywhere, we should still be sitting at the top of the group with one game to go.

This is where it gets confusing.....only the best 2 group winners go to the final, with one missing out, so I’ve got to work out what’s going on in all 3 groups now.

Coming down to bonus points? Think we are still level with Worcester as it stands?

The top two in the other two groups (Worcestershire/Somerset and Essex/Middlesex play each other in the remaining fixtures.

1 minute ago, matty1986 said:

Coming down to bonus points? Think we are still level with Worcester as it stands?

The top two in the other two groups (Worcestershire/Somerset and Essex/Middlesex play each other in the remaining fixtures.

Definitely think bonus points will make all the difference. Despite being the only team to win 3 games, only 1 bonus point for Essex, who’s bonus points are already low, means us and Worcestershire will just edge ahead of them. Assuming there’s no more play.

Archived