Derbyshire Cricket 2020

rynny

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Currently 193/6. we need a deluge worthy of the ark all day tomorrow otherwise we could be following-on.

198-6 the follow on target is 201,  should manage those 3 runs. It will be interesting if we lose the last 4 wickets quickly though. Will Yorkshire have a quick slog and put us back in? And will they give us a sniff of winning the game?

Dont think they need to set a target anymore than 250, if that.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Yorks 15pts, Derbyshire 13pts.

I would have taken that result all day long before we had faced a ball after Yorkshire's declaration. ?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19880/scorecard/1227607/yorkshire-vs-derbyshire-north-group-bob-willis-trophy-2020

Absolutely. I didn’t hold much hope we’d still be top of the group at that point.

Quote from the ESPN Cricinfo site:

It was Derbyshire's first ever seventh-wicket century stand achieved in matches at Headingley.

I wonder if they are still smarting from us pipping them to the Div 2 title a few years ago? Only the two top scoring teams from the three leagues meet in the Lords final. Bit of a sickener if you finish top and still don't qualify!

?

42 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The 13 man squad to face Durham tomorrow. 

Reece and Hudson-Prentice back in contention, Guest with a chance at making his debut, and Barnes back in the squad

86D476B2-E87E-40B6-8653-207BC13A46DE.jpeg

Looks like Rampaul isn't coming back this year. 

Archived