Derbyshire Cricket 2020

rynny

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Correct! I love the view of Wingfield Manor. 

The ground has changed a little since i last went there. Those cars are on the old football pitch and the nets have moved.

It is a lovely little ground.  

4 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Du Plooy just caught behind 211-3 latest. I've just realised you can listern to comentry on the BBC website.

You can watch it with the bbc commentary from the club website, though it’s not as well in sync as it was at Notts.

interesting that Critchley still bats at 5 with Hughes in the team.

Another signing after Ed Barnes joined from Yorkshire on loan. I have to say he hasn’t impressed so far and is much rather have Cohen in the team, but we’ll see if he can do something today.

Brooke Guest is a wicket keeper batsman, I don’t see Hosein losing the gloves so hopefully he’s a good batsman. I do think we are a batsman light still, Critchley batting at 5 is too high. The top 4 have piled on the runs so far, but when they inevitably do fail to do so, It’s a big ask for all the all rounders.

E8EEBEE6-1261-4B22-A263-65324FB1A305.jpeg

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Another signing after Ed Barnes joined from Yorkshire on loan. I have to say he hasn’t impressed so far and is much rather have Cohen in the team, but we’ll see if he can do something today.

Brooke Guest is a wicket keeper batsman, I don’t see Hosein losing the gloves so hopefully he’s a good batsman. I do think we are a batsman light still, Critchley batting at 5 is too high. The top 4 have piled on the runs so far, but when they inevitably do fail to do so, It’s a big ask for all the all rounders.

E8EEBEE6-1261-4B22-A263-65324FB1A305.jpeg

I agree about Barnes but he has just taken our first wicket although quite fortunately.  Please now say Melton isn't very good. Just taken another. Much better ball. 

29 minutes ago, sage said:

Please now say Melton isn't very good. Just taken another.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on "trial" to potentially stay as a budget overseas player next season. He's certainly making a good impression so far.

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on "trial" to potentially stay as a budget overseas player next season. He's certainly making a good impression so far.

Next season we will have 1 overseas player of a high quality. 

Ideally a Pakistan international. 

55 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Got a bit of pace, which has been a rare sight in a Derbyshire bowler in recent times.

Two great catches for the 6th and 7th wickets from Madsen and Du Plooy. The first one is amazing.

Come on Derbyshire. Put the bin dippers to the sword.

Update.. 3 in over for Critchley...8 down...on a hat trick in his next over 

Archived