The most hated club?

SouthStandRamma

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My main concern with the Keogh business is that the players in the dressing room do not react well and that players in the pool of talent we would usually be looking at also take a dim view of the club as it could impact our ability to make signings.

I couldn't give a toss what other fans think, the day we let the likes of Leeds fans take any sort of high ground after their various shenanigans over the years is the day that I give up watching football all together.

i think new  signings will find £25k reasons for joining us

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/10/2019 at 13:29, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My main concern with the Keogh business is that the players in the dressing room do not react well and that players in the pool of talent we would usually be looking at also take a dim view of the club as it could impact our ability to make signings.

Yes true. The fall out from boozegate could be quite far reaching. 

On 31/10/2019 at 12:16, Curtains said:

By our own fans 

Come on @Curtains my man, stop stressing! There's loads of staunch Derby fans like your good self as evidenced by our gates and every club has its fair share of whiny bar stewards anyway. There's very few on here who seem to truly revel in the bad news and drama anyway. I think folk are just a bit weary of it all right now as it's been tough to take since 13/14 even for a happyclapping twit like me. We do seem to have developed a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot in recent years and we've also had some dire luck with injuries and the like.

Mostly folk are just expressing opinions anyway and the others are quite easy to ignore. The twatter mob aside, Derby fans are a decent lot, I just think the drink-drive bolarks has upset a lot of people and that's understandable really. The lads owe us a bit of good cheer right now and hopefully we can string a few games together and move on.

As for the most hated club, we're not even close to Leeds on that score and never will be. 

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

Are Derby fans really bothered about how we are viewed by others?

I personally couldn't give a toss how others view us as a club or our fans.

My thoughts exactly.

Leeds (although their fans used to say the hatred was one way until spy gate) and the gumps, will always hate us, most other fans won't give a toss other than when we play them.

As much as I dislike the vermin down at Millwall, I do have a tiny little bit of respect for the fact they don't give a monkeys what anybody else thinks of them.

28 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

My thoughts exactly.

Leeds (although their fans used to say the hatred was one way until spy gate) and the gumps, will always hate us, most other fans won't give a toss other than when we play them.

As much as I dislike the vermin down at Millwall, I do have a tiny little bit of respect for the fact they don't give a monkeys what anybody else thinks of them.

Yeah I like that about Millwall. Only that though. 

They aren't part of the "football community". They don't want football friends and respectful applause. Everyone is an enemy. 

I remember Cardiff clapping Ramsey and Arsenal clapping Cardiff for clapping Ramsey then Cardiff clapping back!! Blurgh! 

Once that tribalism goes then I think football loses it's outstanding popularity. It's main attraction is the fierce tribal culture. Not sure why anyone wants or cares about the respect of a rival

On 31/10/2019 at 12:15, SouthStandRamma said:

Seeing social media reactions this season, especially in the wake of the drink driving, a lot of fans are coming out of the woodwork to really lay it on Derby in general.

Are Derby now the most hated club in the championship? Completely unjust, but I think we might be ?

I don’t think we are hated that much, clubs see us as a scalp I would say.

on the downside I am embarrassed by our conduct at times since MM has come on board. Now before people react I’m not saying it’s MM to blame but maybe more a collective responsibility.

I feel we’ve squandered money, sacked Managers willy nilly, rows with Sam Rush, now this latest drink drive/Keogh sacking incident. All of this whilst just not achieving what we set out to do is so frustrating and seemingly never ending.

So rather than us being hated I think we are a bit of a joke really but a scalp at the same time purely because of the size of our ground, our fans and history but just still no nearer to achieving what Swansea, Bournemouth,Watford, Burnley, Brighton, Norwich have all achieved, all nowhere near the size of us.
All just run better

Archived