Roy Keane

minesahartington

Great player but always struck me as a miserable grumpy unpleasant chap. Recently saw a programme with him chatting for an hour or so alongside Gary Neville I think. Came across as a really sound and honest guy. Tonight when asked what Ross Barkleys  best position is he said “ on the bench”

i actually love him now!

Are then any former players who have changed your mind about them?

Collymore perhaps not...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Great player but always struck me as a miserable grumpy unpleasant chap. Recently saw a programme with him chatting for an hour or so alongside Gary Neville I think. Came across as a really sound and honest guy. Tonight when asked what Ross Barkleys  best position is he said “ on the bench”

i actually love him now!

This post ain't aging too well ?

I head Kris Commons and his wife on the radio a while ago talking about the baby they lost, and the charity they work with to help support others.

I never really warmed to him that much, struck me as a "could've been so much more if he'd wanted it" player, and was only talking to us about contract extension to get a better deal somewhere else (I know it's part of the game, but you don't have to like it) - but it was very moving and I found a lot more respect for him.

27 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Not at all. I like honest opinions right or wrong. Sometimes I agree with them sometimes not. I tend not to let it wind me up fella

Love it when posters call other posters ‘fella’ and insist they’re not wound up. 

Keane has always struck me searingly honest and thats what got him into trouble at man utd after the imfamous Manutd TV interview following a 4-0 defeat to middlesbro. The only trouble is the truth = his opinion, and he has a few anger management issues.

one player i did not like for obvious reasons but who i came to like as a consequence of his sing-a-long videos was Mr Savage

theres enough for one side of an album here 

56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Keane has always struck me searingly honest and thats what got him into trouble at man utd after the imfamous Manutd TV interview following a 4-0 defeat to middlesbro. The only trouble is the truth = his opinion, and he has a few anger management issues.

one player i did not like for obvious reasons but who i came to like as a consequence of his sing-a-long videos was Mr Savage

theres enough for one side of an album here 

Been trying to figure you out for some time

Now i get it

You're a sadist

Archived