Shameful

Warren Hobhead

41 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

It is because we played well tonight on the whole.

We were outplayed for much of the first half and should have been 2-0 down at least before their hapless defending gifted us an equaliser. They then gifted us the penalty. 

Second half was like watching two pub teams but theirs had more desire and were camped in our half last 15. 

If that’s playing well then it says a lot.

And, I make no apologies for creating another thread to make clear the shame that many of us feel regards the inclusion of two complete ****wits and the ****wits serenading them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sage said:

Actually you are way too sure of yourself.

That's the problem.

Perhaps I am, but frankly I don’t care. The clubs approach to this so far has been pathetic, and I’m not changing my stance on that until the club shows signs of changing there’s. I stand by my views, simple as.

6 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

You wouldn't , think about what your saying. You wouldn't sack them , you'd punish them but in the real world you wouldn't sack them. 

In the real world drink driving is a sackable offence and alot of people who get caught drink driving do get sacked! Nether of them are good enough anyway! The only reason they aint been sacked in my view is because the value of the players and FFP

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Perhaps I am, but frankly I don’t care. The clubs approach to this so far has been pathetic, and I’m not changing my stance on that until the club shows signs of changing there’s. I stand by my views, simple as.

Or you could wait until you see the clubs full response after the court date before condemning MM and PC. 

Knee Jerk.

A poor decision from the club in all honesty, the club needed to suspend the two players pending the outcome of the court proceedings. Mel has totally misread the mood of the majority of the fans, especially those who have been affected directly or indirectly by drink driving.

A massive own goal IMO.

9 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Only because people dont agree with whats happened doesn't mean we dont support the club! 

Can’t believe what I’m reading and hearing. Self righteous lot. Like any of you lot are squeaky clean. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Support the club ffs 

Yeh man , I can’t stand all of these people who have the decency to criticise two players who were very lucky to not kill innocent people then are back in the team one game later like everything’s been forgotten??? The club may forget, the fans rightly wont 

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

In the real world drink driving is a sackable offence and alot of people who get caught drink driving do get sacked! Nether of them are good enough anyway! The only reason they aint been sacked in my view is because the value of the players and FFP

I could be wrong but the club may be able to cancel a players contract while retaining the players registration.

2 hours ago, StapenhillRam said:

I also thought that was shameful to chant  "one of our own". The message that sends that we support and endorse Bennett's actions last week is totally unacceptable and morally wrong on all levels.

Devil's advocate is that it's supporting someone after they made one of the biggest mistakes in their life, likely are feeling extremely remorseful, shameful and embarrassed and showing him some support might make the world of difference.

In my personal opinion, I think it's too soon and we could have waited a bit longer - maybe til after the international break.

Nobody agrees with drink driving, and no one condones it. It's affected everyone here in some way, even if indirectly. But you're also a liar if you haven't been questionably over the limit or got in a car with someone who perhaps has, even if it's the morning after the night before.

People make mistakes, and can regret them for a lifetime. They've both done something unbelievably reckless, but you wouldn't shun them the same if they came out and said they had a drink problem and were entering rehab, would you? You'd support them to try and change their lives for the better.

People just need to chill a little bit on this subject, we don't know the full story and we don't know what the players have said internally or how they're feeling. 

Are Wales shameful too?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12018/11826036/tom-lawrence-named-in-wales-squad-to-face-slovakia-and-croatia

Wales manager Ryan Giggs has named Tom Lawrence in his 26-man squad to face Slovakia and Croatia later this month.

Lawrence has been included despite being charged with drink-driving after being involved in a car crash following a team night out with Derby County last month.

47 minutes ago, Josh said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading and hearing. Self righteous lot. Like any of you lot are squeaky clean. 

Im not saying we are we have all done stuff but people also lose jobs over it i just dont understand how they can be getting paid thousands for doing f all on the pitch and then something like this happens and only get dropped 4 1 game when by right should be dropped until at least after the court hearing and go from there! 

14 minutes ago, chadlad said:

I could be wrong but the club may be able to cancel a players contract while retaining the players registration.

I dont know mate couldnt tell you how it works, knowing the football league i cant see it being that easy 

18 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Yeh man , I can’t stand all of these people who have the decency to criticise two players who were very lucky to not kill innocent people then are back in the team one game later like everything’s been forgotten??? The club may forget, the fans rightly wont 

Stop talking rubbish. They are at court this month. So we will see what happens. Bet you’ve had more than one drink and drove

People keep assuming they’re remorseful and truly regret their actions, we like to think they will be but we can’t be sure they will or that it hasn’t been already laughed off in the squad, I really wouldn’t be surprised if it has. Sorry for the act or sorry they got caught and is this the first time they’ve done it? This is all speculation.

Bennett was allegedly(posted by another user on here), interacting with girls on Instagram and liking their posts in the days after the incident, doesn’t seem like someone who is sorry to me. If he was he’d get his head down and do something about it rather than treating it like he’s lost a snooker match or something. Sometimes the full force of the law is the only way to wake these people out of their bubble and for them to mature like it did with Troy Deeney, who is now a much better man than he was before being sent to prison because it woke him up.

Just now, Josh said:

Stop talking rubbish. They are at court this month. So we will see what happens. Bet you’ve had more than one drink and drove

I never and never will have, it’s a stupidly selfish act. If you want to be stupid then do it in areas where people in the public aren’t at risk

Archived