Shameful

Warren Hobhead

“Mason Bennett is one of our own.”

Those who chanted that tonight are a disgrace. The fact Cocu picked him and Lawrence is shameful. 

We were absolutely dire as well and Barnsley were robbed of a victory. 

Shameful.

And RIP to the Barnsley fan who died in the stand opposite us. Awful scenes. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t agree that we were that poor, honestly think Barnsley were lucky to get out of that one. But agree with the rest. Embarrassing and shameful decisions made within the club. And I was going to comment similar on the chants in the match thread. By all means don’t boo them, I can understand that as booing could affect other players on the pitch who have done nothing wrong. But don’t chant their names, I mean I can’t believe that I even have to say this. They’ve both been disgraces and dragged our clubs name through the mud. They don’t even deserve to be out there, yet alone have fans chanting their name like nothings happened! How the hell are we ever going to stop this sort of attitude in the squad if nothing Is done after it happens!

Also very disappointed in cocus interview too. “After some time the club has to move on”. Yes perhaps Phil, but “some time” shouldn’t just be one pissing game like they’ve just collected 5 yellows for time wasting! Pathetic from all involved, and frankly despite the football on the pitch improving, I wouldn’t mind Cocu and MM out the club for their handling of this situation. Shameful is the right word.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t agree that we were that poor, honestly think Barnsley were lucky to get out of that one. But agree with the rest. Embarrassing and shameful decisions made within the club. And I was going to comment similar on the chants in the match thread. By all means don’t boo them, I can understand that as booing could affect other players on the pitch who have done nothing wrong. But don’t chant their names, I mean I can’t believe that I even have to say this. They’ve both been disgraces and dragged our clubs name through the mud. They don’t even deserve to be out there, yet alone have fans chanting their name like nothings happened! How the hell are we ever going to stop this sort of attitude in the squad if nothing Is done after it happens!

Also very disappointed in cocus interview too. “After some time the club has to move on”. Yes perhaps Phil, but “some time” shouldn’t just be one pissing game like they’ve just collected 5 yellows for time wasting! Pathetic from all involved, and frankly despite the football on the pitch improving, I wouldn’t mind Cocu and MM out the club for their handling of this situation. Shameful is the right word.

It's alright saying how you would deal with the situation posting on a forum , behind your phone but this is the real world , dealing with real people in a real situation. 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

It's alright saying how you would deal with the situation posting on a forum , behind your phone but this is the real world , dealing with real people in a real situation. 

Would be no different. Put me in charge of Derby, those two are sacked. Simple as. Personally would believe overall that would have the best positive impact on the rest of the Squad regardless.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Would be no different. Put me in charge of Derby, those two are sacked. Simple as. Personally would believe overall that would have the best positive impact on the rest of the Squad regardless.

You wouldn't , think about what your saying. You wouldn't sack them , you'd punish them but in the real world you wouldn't sack them. 

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

You wouldn't , think about what your saying. You wouldn't sack them , you'd punish them but in the real world you wouldn't sack them. 

Yes, I would. After the investigation is complete (suspend them until then) of course to have grounds to. But it’s merely a formality. I’d sack them. You cannot be accepting that sort of behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I think about what if my daughter did it. I know the relationship between Cocu and the players isn't as strong but stick with me.

If my daughter was 24 and had a few drinks and drove home and crashed what would I think? 

I'd hammer home how stupid she is. Because I know her I know when she recognises the consequences or potential consequences of her actions. I'd hammer it home with a sledgehammer. But I wouldn't want her to lose more than necessary to learn the lesson. I care about her mental health and I wouldn't want a stupid decision to become the decision that rules her life. 

With Derby the players are their responsibility. They have real relationships with these lads and their families. They have a personal bond. 

If you had a bond with someone there would be a part of you that has compassion. Would it be so easy to turn it off and kick them out. Not knowing where their next step is. 

Anybody you have a relationship with you consider their feelings. That's what Derby have done. 

It is easier for us to call the shots. 

Just now, Alpha said:

I think about what if my daughter did it. I know the relationship between Cocu and the players isn't as strong but stick with me.

If my daughter was 24 and had a few drinks and drove home and crashed what would I think? 

I'd hammer home how stupid she is. Because I know her I know when she recognises the consequences or potential consequences of her actions. I'd hammer it home with a sledgehammer. But I wouldn't want her to lose more than necessary to learn the lesson. I care about her mental health and I wouldn't want a stupid decision to become the decision that rules her life. 

With Derby the players are their responsibility. They have real relationships with these lads and their families. They have a personal bond. 

If you had a bond with someone there would be a part of you that has compassion. Would it be so easy to turn it off and kick them out. Not knowing where their next step is. 

Anybody you have a relationship with you consider their feelings. That's what Derby have done. 

It is easier for us to call the shots. 

I know what you’re getting at, but I really don’t think you can compare the relationship between a club and it’s players with family. Family’s someone you’re with forever (well, should be anyway), a club is just a job. I’ve never said that I’d want bennett and Lawrence to never get the chance to turn their lives around. I believe in redemption and they should be allowed to work to do exactly that. But I don’t believe it should be at this club, after what they’ve done while employed here. Simple as. No problems them going somewhere else, I won’t boo them on the pitch for burton in 5 years time, but I have a massive problem them staying here, and I’ll boo them while they’re still representing us.

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes...as we sell Waghorn to cover the FFP loss from releasing assets.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes...as we sell Waghorn to cover the FFP loss from releasing assets.

I’d make a claim to the league that we shouldn’t get an ffp hit from this, as such a move would send out the right sort of message to footballers across the leagues. If that fails (probably would cause it’s the efl) then yes I guess we would have to sell someone if we’re that close to ffp. But what’s worse, losing a player, or sending out the wrong message to the entire squad?

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d make a claim to the league that we shouldn’t get an ffp hit from this, as such a move would send out the right sort of message to footballers across the leagues. If that fails (probably would cause it’s the efl) then yes I guess we would have to sell someone if we’re that close to ffp. But what’s worse, losing a player, or sending out the wrong message to the entire squad?

Losing Waghorn 

Archived