Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Surely Lawrence and Bennett won't play despite both being eligible. It would send out completely the wrong message. I am surprised that Cocu didn't rule them out flat out in his pre-match interviews.

I found that strange as well. I don't imagine either of these lads will get a good reception if he decides to play them.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to pick a team.....

....depends on who can still stand up.

roos. Lowe. Davies. Clarke. Buchanan. Bielik. Holmes. Knight. Shinnie. Waghorn. Mitchell lawson

subs - martin, marriott, bateman, hamer, malone, sibley, bird

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Its hard to pick a team.....

....depends on who can still stand up.

roos. Lowe. Davies. Clarke. Buchanan. Bielik. Holmes. Knight. Shinnie. Waghorn. Mitchell lawson

subs - martin, marriott, bateman, hamer, malone, sibley, bird

Roos - 27

Lowe - 22

Davies - 34

Clarke - 23

Buchanan - 18

Bielik - 21

Holmes - 24

Knight - 18

Shinnie - 28

Waghorn - 29

Mitchell Lawson - 20

Not enough experience - 7 players under 25? look at what happened against Brentford.

7 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Not enough experience - 7 players under 25? look at what happened against Brentford.

The season is a write off. Its now about developing the next generation.

brentford was partly due to dozy tom giving it away.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The season is a write off. Its now about developing the next generation.

brentford was partly due to dozy tom giving it away.

Developing the next generation starts by giving them a platform. chucking them all in and having 7 players along side them who arnt experienced wont help there progression (Forest and Brentford). 1 or 2 a season at most, Buchanan for me would do better out on loan playing a full season.

Roos

Bogle Bielik Clarke Lowe

Holmes Huddlestone Knight

Waghorn Martin Marriott

That front three, because obviously Bennett and Lawrence should not be in a Derby shirt again and for different reasons neither should 'Zoon. 

What a eff up this season is already though. Got to feel sorry for Cocu!

I know we've had massive games before obviously. Games to get in the top 6, play off games, play off finals. Taking them out the equation for a minute.

I honestly don't think we've ever needed to win a league game as much as we do tomorrow. I don't care about the 3 points that brings or where it will put us in the league. But if we lose tomorrow it will be horrendous. 

Tomorrow I'd go with this team:-

Hamer

Bogle Bielik Clarke Lowe

Huddlestone

Holmes.       Dowell

Waghorn Martin Marriott

FWIW I don't think Cocu will start Martin and Marriott. I think one of them will play and he'll play Paterson on the wing. I will question his sanity if Jozefzoon is anywhere near the starting 11 though. He won't drop Roos either even though he's an accident waiting to happen. 

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Can see us losing heavily tomorrow 3-0/3-1. No way our back line will be able to deal with Jukewicz. We dont create and struggle at home to perform. PRESSURE!

Jukewicz is nothing special just a average championship player who uses his physicality and has a poor goal record.Davies would quite easily deal with him and Clarke would have faced the same type in league 1 all last season.Keogh is the one who struggles with this type of forward.

Expect a up and at them performance with a noisy crowd and a comfortable victory.

*****************Roos***************

******Wisdom***Bielik***Clarke*******

Bogle***************************Lowe

*********Knight*********Shinnie******

****************Holmes**************

***********Martin****Marriott********

Hamer / Malone / Huddlestone / Dowell / Paterson / Mitchell-Lawson / Waghorn

3 hours ago, Sidd10 said:

Roos

Bogle Bielik Clarke Lowe

Holmes Huddlestone Knight

Waghorn Martin Marriott

That front three, because obviously Bennett and Lawrence should not be in a Derby shirt again and for different reasons neither should 'Zoon. 

What a eff up this season is already though. Got to feel sorry for Cocu!

This is exactly the team I would play (Lawrence or Bennett wouldn't have started for me even before the incident). I assume Davies not being captain probably means he won't be playing, but fingers crossed that this also means we stop playing two holding midfielders if Bielik has to drop back.

28 minutes ago, GenBr said:

This is exactly the team I would play (Lawrence or Bennett wouldn't have started for me even before the incident). I assume Davies not being captain probably means he won't be playing, but fingers crossed that this also means we stop playing two holding midfielders if Bielik has to drop back.

I would add that Huddlestone is more than capable of dropping back if Bielik wants to press forward. 

Would love to see the return of the diamond as our wingers are ineffective.

Roos

Bogle Bielik Clarke Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes          Shinnie

Paterson

Martin   Marriott

Love Waghorn but just can't see where he fits. Martin/ Marriott is the perfect fit on paper.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

They’re both left footed aren’t they? Someone’s gotta play on the right, thought Buchanan would be best as he’s quicker to recover if he gets out of position. May be wrong if Davies is right footed?

Nah, pretty sure Davies is right footed. Just confortable on the left side.

Tbf, I’ve always had the weird notion that Jack Grealish is left footed. I don’t know why.

Archived