v Hudderfield Town 2nd April 1960

Anna

Thought I'd share-bought this for my Uncle, who lives in the US but was born in Derby, as a gift as he collects British memorabilia in his home bar. Chosen as it's the game nearest to the date he was born.

We won this game 3-2 apparently. Was anyone there!?

PhotoGrid_1564673441308.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Anna said:

Thought I'd share-bought this for my Uncle, who lives in the US but was born in Derby, as a gift as he collects British memorabilia in his home bar. Chosen as it's the game nearest to the date he was born.

Not sure, I can't remember as I was only 5 months old

This stuff fascinates me. I like to see how the written word, content, form and style have evolved over time. I’m not a fan of modern football programmes although I do buy the Ram I rarely read it as it has become so hackneyed and derived. I do have the germ of an idea to produce an alternative “fanzine” that nods back to “We’ll be back in ‘81”. Purely for fun, but would need help to produce it. I’ve got a draft together and wonder if anybody wants to help produce it as a joint venture? It’s main style will be humorous but full of interesting stuff for the very fanatical Derby fan. 

Anybody interested, let me know...

3 hours ago, Anna said:

Yes Anna, I was there, my records show two goals for Peter Thompson and one for Johnny Hannigan in that 3v2 victory, attendance 13,297.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

This stuff fascinates me. I like to see how the written word, content, form and style have evolved over time. I’m not a fan of modern football programmes although I do buy the Ram I rarely read it as it has become so hackneyed and derived. I do have the germ of an idea to produce an alternative “fanzine” that nods back to “We’ll be back in ‘81”. Purely for fun, but would need help to produce it. I’ve got a draft together and wonder if anybody wants to help produce it as a joint venture? It’s main style will be humorous but full of interesting stuff for the very fanatical Derby fan. 

Anybody interested, let me know...

This idea deserves its own thread tbh, what sort of help are you looking for etc etc?

I think podcasts seem to have taken the place of fanzines these days, probably a better reach Vs effort equation nowadays, when we're all connected.

16 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Yes Anna, I was there, my records show two goals for Peter Thompson and one for Johnny Hannigan in that 3v2 victory, attendance 13,297.

Brilliant, thank you for the info!!

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

This idea deserves its own thread tbh, what sort of help are you looking for etc etc?

I think podcasts seem to have taken the place of fanzines these days, probably a better reach Vs effort equation nowadays, when we're all connected.

You’re right it does deserve its own thread but I also figured that only certain types of people read things on programmes from the 60’s...

Also about podcasts...yes they’re all the rage and do reach out further due to technology etc...

...but I think there is still a big appetite for paper and good old-fashioned irreverent humour. I’ve got quite a lot of ideas already and a draft and need intelligent input from like-minded others to help publish and sell it. I think with the right group of people it could be a winner. So, the production of a few hundred copies every so often of a newspaper-type fan-zine sold at home games with an under-stated style. I don’t want to describe all my ideas but if you’re interested to hear more let me know. 

35 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You’re right it does deserve its own thread but I also figured that only certain types of people read things on programmes from the 60’s...

Also about podcasts...yes they’re all the rage and do reach out further due to technology etc...

...but I think there is still a big appetite for paper and good old-fashioned irreverent humour. I’ve got quite a lot of ideas already and a draft and need intelligent input from like-minded others to help publish and sell it. I think with the right group of people it could be a winner. So, the production of a few hundred copies every so often of a newspaper-type fan-zine sold at home games with an under-stated style. I don’t want to describe all my ideas but if you’re interested to hear more let me know. 

I'm intrigued is it a PM?

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh God, just checked what was number 1 in the singles chart and was going to post it but it was so bad I couldn’t do it.

(My Old Man’s A Dustman - Lonnie Donegan)

Might not be the best of songs, but it's footy chant classic.

"He can't score with his left foot, He can't score with his right  He couldn't score a f'in goal if he play all f'in night."

Anyone olduns know when it was first sung in grounds?

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh God, just checked what was number 1 in the singles chart and was going to post it but it was so bad I couldn’t do it.

(My Old Man’s A Dustman - Lonnie Donegan)

My old man’s a Florist fan,

he wears a Florist hat, 

he goes down to the chity ground...

cos he’s a ...

6 hours ago, Anna said:

Chosen as it's the game nearest to the date he was born.

Quite like the idea! Just checked the game closest to mine and there's not many familiar names on those teamsheets. But at least more than opponent which was Manchester United.

Archived