v Hudderfield Town 2nd April 1960

Anna

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

You’re right it does deserve its own thread but I also figured that only certain types of people read things on programmes from the 60’s...

Also about podcasts...yes they’re all the rage and do reach out further due to technology etc...

...but I think there is still a big appetite for paper and good old-fashioned irreverent humour. I’ve got quite a lot of ideas already and a draft and need intelligent input from like-minded others to help publish and sell it. I think with the right group of people it could be a winner. So, the production of a few hundred copies every so often of a newspaper-type fan-zine sold at home games with an under-stated style. I don’t want to describe all my ideas but if you’re interested to hear more let me know. 

I do like a podcast, but for me theres nothing better than the printed word on some paper. I like the idea and it would be great if it can be made a reality.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Quite like the idea! Just checked the game closest to mine and there's not many familiar names on those teamsheets. But at least more than opponent which was Manchester United.

Me too.  The closest for me was in September 1975 and we beat Man U 1-0. One Franny Lee on the score sheet!  What a team that was!

2 hours ago, archram said:

A bit tough for those of us born in the war.

Likewise!!  Mine, and presumably yours, would be :

29 April 1939 Derby 1 v. Arsenal  2

31 August 1946 - Sunderland 3  v. Derby  2

Excludes the cancelled 1939 / 1940 league results of course !

1 hour ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Likewise!!  Mine, and presumably yours, would be :

29 April 1939 Derby 1 v. Arsenal  2

31 August 1946 - Sunderland 3  v. Derby  2

Excludes the cancelled 1939 / 1940 league results of course !

Yep! But we war babies are tough and will cope with the disappointment!

On 01/08/2019 at 16:31, Anna said:

Thought I'd share-bought this for my Uncle, who lives in the US but was born in Derby, as a gift as he collects British memorabilia in his home bar. Chosen as it's the game nearest to the date he was born.

We won this game 3-2 apparently. Was anyone there!?

PhotoGrid_1564673441308.jpg

Too young to be there but I was bought a similar one on the same theme by my nephew. The caption is "Born a Ram". 

He also bought one celebrating our wedding "The Perfect Match". 

It was a real labour of love for him as he's a Forest fan! 

Here's the one from close to my birthday. 

2019-08-02_22_00_49.jpg

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

Too young to be there but I was bought a similar one on the same theme by my nephew. The caption is "Born a Ram". 

He also bought one celebrating our wedding "The Perfect Match". 

It was a real labour of love for him as he's a Forest fan! 

Here's the one from close to my birthday. 

2019-08-02_22_00_49.jpg

Was at that one as well - 2 v. 2 draw, Albert Mays and Paddy Ryan scoring,  24,472 in attendance .

Archived