TV Audience Numbers 18/19

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... Leeds are probably on TV too much, but can be justified. Derby are on TV about the right amount. Wigan need to be on TV far more. 

Interesting in macro economic terms - the Premier league gets around 3x  the audience per match.

now square that with relative Income received and you see the madness of the pay gap and why the championship will for ever have loss making clubs.

Go on boys .. compete for the PL .. we’ll tie your hands behind your backs, make you wear old wellington boots, leave 2 escape routes, set the dogs on you and say run. Meanwhile, sliding back in to your fight we’ll send 3 of ours, untied and wearing nice new Nike boots and bag of doggy treats. 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wigan need to be on TV far more. 

Steady on, be interesting to know who those 3 games were against, if you look at the list Accrington Stanley are up there between Sunderland and Stoke, the reason for that will be the game against us in the FA Cup, I’m guessing they had another cup game on TV as well

10 minutes ago, David said:

Steady on, be interesting to know who those 3 games were against, if you look at the list Accrington Stanley are up there between Sunderland and Stoke, the reason for that will be the game against us in the FA Cup, I’m guessing they had another cup game on TV as well

Bristol, Leeds, Norwich.

I guess 33% having Leeds audience does skew things a bit. Leeds having 22 televised games boggles my mind. But they must have maintained half-decent numbers v Bristol and Norwich to get the third best average.

1 minute ago, David said:

That post appeared after I posted, had to answer the door!

I didn't even bother to scroll up (ONE POST) to read that @Ghost of Clough had already answered the question! ? I went and looked it up myself.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

In the league, especially second half of the season, it's the teams at the top who get the most TV time so that would explain Leeds...

I bet the season they went down the stats were similar 

Imagine Sheff Wed would be higher if their fans weren't so busy writing new songs for the other 91 league clubs.

Once again leeds get on an obscene amount of times, and they say there’s no bias? Looking at those numbers they don’t drag in that many more per game than we do but get almost twice as many games? FWIW I think our numbers our about right, should spread the games out a little more tho away from Leeds to the likes of wendnesday and wigan occasionally. Good to see that people are watching us tho... mind whether that’s just for frank or they way I’m playing I’m not so sure... certainly a few in for our big games.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Once again leeds get on an obscene amount of times, and they say there’s no bias? Looking at those numbers they don’t drag in that many more per game than we do but get almost twice as many games? FWIW I think our numbers our about right, should spread the games out a little more tho away from Leeds to the likes of wendnesday and wigan occasionally. Good to see that people are watching us tho... mind whether that’s just for frank or they way I’m playing I’m not so sure... certainly a few in for our big games.

Two things to consider:

1. Leeds average will be against pretty much every club in the division. Ours were mostly against the bigger teams. 

2. Derby likely have a higher number of viewers using RamsTV than other clubs do using iFollow or whatever they use instead. (I’d love to know these figures)

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Two things to consider:

1. Leeds average will be against pretty much every club in the division. Ours were mostly against the bigger teams. 

2. Derby likely have a higher number of viewers using RamsTV than other clubs do using iFollow or whatever they use instead. (I’d love to know these figures)

Yeah fair play, but is it really that much more to justify it? Seems a bit off to me. I suspect you’re right on the ramstv thing btw as well, it’s of a far better standard than Ifollow from what I’ve seen. But we’re not the only ones not to go with the efl on that, get the feeling leeds didn’t either.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Imagine Sheff Wed would be higher if their fans weren't so busy writing new songs for the other 91 league clubs.

That's the reason our figures are so high, Wednesday fans watching to see which of their songs we are using.

Good to know we were in the 5th most watched game this year.

You can put that down to the fact that it was Manchester United, but United don't feature again in that top 13 afterwards and we do for our Chelsea game..

#Youveonlycometoseethederby

13 hours ago, richinspain said:

I can understand with those numbers why Leeds are on so often, but 22 games in a 46 game season ?

edit- just realised that is all games not just league, but even so!

It was 22 League matches, none of their cup matches were on tv.

Sky love Leeds.

Archived