• At match live
    • At home listening
    • At home watching
    • Checking score regularly
    • Reading this forum to check score
    • Other
    • N/A

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/19 at 14:00

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, superzak said:

I voted 5 because we werent that  bad nor that good. We played a rookie keeper and ultimately that made the difference.

I can understand people calling for Marriott and/or Waghorn to start, but dropping Roos when he had done nothing wrong in the run in, and replacing him with Carson (who I do rate highly by the way) would not be very high up on the list of sticks to beat Lampard with.

2 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Yes quite right we should have made the poll start at minimum 5/10 just so everyone's opinions were the same as yours.I voted 5 but don't feel the need to tell other people that they're boneheads and need to grow up just because they have a different opinion.

It’s not about having a difference of opinion. I don’t think we played as well as we could and I was disappointed and I gave a 6 to reflect that as we weren’t awful. We were average against a top side... 

but jesus 3/10 I’d be saving for when we were 4-1 down by half time to Villa or losing at home to Burton last season. It’s not putting any sort of perspective on a rating. 

We defended like absolute warriors except for our novice right back switching off and letting his winger in to score a header and a goalkeeping error. We didn’t offer enough going forwards but we’re playing a side who blew the division away from February onwards and had smashed us twice. 

Wasn’t a game I ever thought we were truly out of and if we’d scored a few minutes earlier (or if Mings staying down didn’t halt the momentum) then who knows.  We still created a few half chances to equalise.  I’d say the last 15 mins would get an 8, but we didn’t impose ourselves enough for most of the game (and there were errors) so can’t be more than a 6 for me.  

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Can't believe people think that Derby becoming better in attack had nothing to do with Villa being more reserved and looking to counter. 

Have we completely forgot the two counter attacks that were both more promising moves than either of their goals and both were stopped by brilliant defending.

You think Derby should have began the game as open as that? With El Ghazi and Grealish and Adomah and Abraham all fresh? 

Sure we've had this discussion already and I pointed out that Villa sat back from the off every time we had possession. We fannied around with that possession for 3/4 of the match. The guy you were responding to is right imho!

7 from me. No real striker to start with, so wasn't surprised we apposed hardly any threat, but the boys tried their best, strikers came on and we looked a threat, Bennett in my opinion is a better more dangerous wide man

Next year lads

UTRs

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm not saying we couldn't have done more from the off btw. 

Just that the Villa that played in the last 15 minutes were not in the same shape as they were for the first hour. 

Yes I agree, that was Franks strategy, to contain for the fist half at least. Unfortunately gifting Villa 2 goals pretty much messed up the plan. 

Villa fan here in peace.

Just had to register a big thank you to Remy at the start of this thread and his reference to Dean Smith and his Dad’s dementia. 

We are all passionate about our clubs and it is easy to forget that it is only a game and there are far more important things in life and Remy has recognised that in a very magnanimous way. My own Dad has dementia so Dean Smiths situation resonated with me.

As a long time season ticket holder at Villa I am obviously chuffed to bits about Monday and getting back to the Premier League. But I know what it is like to lose as we did last year and as ever luck played a part. 

I think the Championship is a savage dogfight but don’t forget that teams who lose in the play off final but qualify the following season do tend to win. So I sincerely hope that the Rams get back either by top two or the play offs next season.

I've gone '5' as I think that we did well enough in the last phase of the game but not well enough before that. To be fair Villa could have had two quite early on - Grealish and Abrahams missed quite scoreable chances.

Archived