The Politics Thread 2019

Day

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Of course it does.  It says I'm angry at the fact that the country has been gas lighted into thinking Boris and his party are the ones to sort out the extremely large pile of poo they've created through a decade of austerity.  

Irvin Welsh has said it best

"If you're thinking of voting for this c*** (Boris), I seriously hope you have a ton of money.  Cause if not, you're a ducking idiot"...

Being angry in general and hating the Conservative party is fine. Disliking people because they hold a different opinion to you just makes you a bigot. Not a good look. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Being angry in general and hating the Conservative party is fine. Disliking people because they hold a different opinion to you just makes you a bigot. Not a good look. 

For the record, I'm barely speaking to my folks because they're voting blue.  And the only reason they can give me is "Not that bloody Corbyn"...

Just now, ramsbottom said:

For the record, I'm barely speaking to my folks because they're voting blue.  And the only reason they can give me is "Not that bloody Corbyn"...

That's sad though. In my opinion, family always comes ahead of politics. My family are all voting a different way to me, but it doesn't make me think any less of them at all.

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Wow just wow.

Just now, Andicis said:

That's sad though. In my opinion, family always comes ahead of politics. My family are all voting a different way to me, but it doesn't make me think any less of them at all.

Just disappoints me that they can be so ignorant to the facts.  I spoke about the selling off of the NHS, and how would they feel if I couldn't afford treatment for their own grand children.  They just shrugged their shoulders and said they'd be long gone by then...  I was raised by gammons!!!

Just now, ramsbottom said:

Just disappoints me that they can be so ignorant to the facts.  I spoke about the selling off of the NHS, and how would they feel if I couldn't afford treatment for their own grand children.  They just shrugged their shoulders and said they'd be long gone by then...  I was raised by gammons!!!

You know people are entitled to opinions other than what you think dont you?

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

My parents are much the same. It's not even worth discussing politics with them. All you can do is try and be a better person by recognising their failings and not repeating them

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Seems you're the ignorant one. 

And you've believed the NHS lies.

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

My parents are much the same. It's not even worth discussing politics with them. All you can do is try and be a better person by recognising their failings and not repeating them

You've not done well up until now. 

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

There are a whole lot of reasons for disliking someone. Their political views is a perfectly good reason, it seems to me. My cousin is a bone fide neo nazi. I don't like him. Simple. It doesn't make me a bigot.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There are a whole lot of reasons for disliking someone. Their political views is a perfectly good reason, it seems to me. My cousin is a bone fide neo nazi. I don't like him. Simple. It doesn't make me a bigot.

Being a Forest fan is quite high up my list.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If they're extreme right, then I think that's more than fair. Having enough hatred for one of the two main parties, that you fall out and harbour dislike for people who vote for them though, that doesn't sit right with me. It's almost entitlement. It's the ugly side effect of elections, I can't stand it. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If they're extreme right, then I think that's more than fair. Having enough hatred for one of the two main parties, that you fall out and harbour dislike for people who vote for them though, that doesn't sit right with me. It's almost entitlement. It's the ugly side effect of elections, I can't stand it. 

That's lefties for you. Think they have the moral and intellectual high ground etc. Anyone who votes leave is a racist ,doesn't know what they voted for,tell you what I'll piss myself laughing if the Tories get in and tell the E.U it's no deal.

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What if he votes Labour?

Probably hates Jews. 

Archived