3 o'clock Kick Offs this season

Edtheram

Just had a look back at all the games weve played so far this season and how many of them have been at the standard matchday time of 3.

Kick Offs at 15:00 ~ 19

Home 15:00 KO - 10

Away 15:00 KO - 9

Kick Offs other than 15:00 ~ 22

Home other KO - 7

Away other KO - 15

I dont work shifts but going by those stats i presume a lot of people have probably missed games this season or had to have time off due to the timing of games. The difference in KO times and dates of games has probably affected Home and Away support in certain games during the season. When i was growing up football was played at 3 on a Saturday afternoon unless it was a game against a rival or selected for a rare TV showing. Premiership sides played on Sundays and i dont think many games if any were played on Friday certainly not Monday. I have included week games in the above as well so need to take that into account? thoughts are welcome and how has the above affected you guys this so far this season?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Just had a look back at all the games weve played so far this season and how many of them have been at the standard matchday time of 3.

Kick Offs at 15:00 ~ 19

Home 15:00 KO - 10

Away 15:00 KO - 9

Kick Offs other than 15:00 ~ 22

Home other KO - 7

Away other KO - 15

I dont work shifts but going by those stats i presume a lot of people have probably missed games this season or had to have time off due to the timing of games. The difference in KO times and dates of games has probably affected Home and Away support in certain games during the season. When i was growing up football was played at 3 on a Saturday afternoon unless it was a game against a rival or selected for a rare TV showing. Premiership sides played on Sundays and i dont think many games if any were played on Friday certainly not Monday. I have included week games in the above as well so need to take that into account? thoughts are welcome and how has the above affected you guys this so far this season?

You’re including cup games and replays there, aren’t you? That’s going to skew the results. 

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

A more relevant stat would be how well we performed on Televised games (not Red Button). Over the years it seems we have always failed on TV

Either failed, or been utterly spectacular (5-0 v Wolves, 5-0 v Forest, 4-1 v Brighton all come to mind immediately)

15 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think @Mr Tibbs has paid on average £60-a-game with his season ticket so far, although he barely bothers to turn up on a saturday either! ?

£73.33 a game so far. ?

Looking at the fixtures ahead it'll be £40 a game if I make all those I can now. Who said ST's were value for money! 

Ironically, midweek fixtures are better for me and the majority of the games I'll have made will be midweek this season. 

The last four or five seasons we’ve been to 20+ away games a season, this time around we’ll make about 10-12 due to awkward kick off times. Where we used to go to every game regardless we’re now questioning whether it’s worth it. Once you get out of the habit it’s hard to get back into it. 

Archived