Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Critchley finally makes the break through and ends the 100+ partnership and then follows it up with another. We need to wrap this up quickly to have a chance at winning.

id like to Critchley trusted a bit more with the ball, especially when our bowlers are all pretty medium pace.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Durham 242 all out

great unbeaten century from Durham opener Alex Lees, we will need some to do the same if we are going to win. The chase is 267.

That ended quickly!

Not watched any of it but seems to be a funny wicket - clusters of 4/5 wickets followed by long partnerships!

Whoever gets in (probably Madsen!) needs to go big if we're to chase this down..

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That ended quickly!

Not watched any of it but seems to be a funny wicket - clusters of 4/5 wickets followed by long partnerships!

Whoever gets in (probably Madsen!) needs to go big if we're to chase this down..

There’s looks to be enough to keep the medium pacers tricky. So the fine line between being patience l, but not getting bogged down, which Critchley did very well in the first innings. 

Those lower order Durham batsmen came out trying to Palau shots and didn’t last long.

3 minutes ago, Reverend said:

And managed it.

Lost last 4 wickets in 7 balls. Durham have lost their last 6 matches.

Poor defeat.

Yeah, a very winnable game. Those wickets at the end were disappointing, but I did think we let them get too many in their second innings and 264 would be a difficult chase, as soon as Critchley went I saw the collapse coming a mile  off.

19 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, a very winnable game. Those wickets at the end were disappointing, but I did think we let them get too many in their second innings and 264 would be a difficult chase, as soon as Critchley went I saw the collapse coming a mile  off.

Coasting to a relatively comfortable victory.....very disappointing to say the least....

Archived