Sign in to follow this  
Carl Sagan

Ashley Cole is a Ram

If he was still with Cheryl I'd be hailing this as the best piece of potential business since we sold Gary to Stoke for two mil.

I'm still kind of excited, just not 'Cheryl excited'.

On 30/11/2018 at 10:21, Sweetness34 said:

At the same time, I'd like to see someone come in at Right Back. Early on this season I thought Bogle was absolutely tremendous but he's not looking confident at the moment. If only Ashley Cole was a right back and could come in mentor Bogle because I think he's going to have a brilliant career, just needs nursing through his first season so he can finish the season full of confidence and come back next year 19 years old but better for the experience. Do we know any 37 year old Right Backs who were the best of their generation for England that need a club?!

Right back is the same job as left back. Using the other foot doesn't mean you can't mentor a young lad.

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Thought he was good years ago but not sure what he's like now. Presumably slower but he would be a great mentor to the younger defenders

Not for me. If he thinks smoking is compatible with being a professional athlete, then he has no idea what being professional means. No way I would want him mentoring our younger defenders.  

Considering the average wage in the championship is £20,000 per week £5/6,000 per week doesn't sound that bad. He would probably be one of the lowest paid in the squad apart from the younger lads. Defence certainly needs something adding to it - even if just a bit of coaching from Cole to our fullbacks.