Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, David said:

Ibrahimovic? Please stop. Please.

Advice Past and Present....

Mr Mackay, please don’t sign for Derby, you’re too old!

Mr Mackay, please don’t sign Francis Lee and Charlie George!

Mr Lampard please don’t take the Derby job!

Mr Lampard, please don’t sign Ashley Cole or Zlatan!

LET THE MANAGER MANAGE

(and admin administer)

2 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Advice Past and Present....

Mr Mackay, please don’t sign for Derby, you’re too old!

Mr Mackay, please don’t sign Francis Lee and Charlie George!

Mr Lampard please don’t take the Derby job!

Mr Lampard, please don’t sign Ashley Cole or Zlatan!

LET THE MANAGER MANAGE

(and admin administer)

Let the fan be the fan?

If you seriously think Ibrahimovic would come to Derby, go take a cold shower. A long one. And lay off the brandy puddings whilst you're at it.

I don’t suppose Zlatan has even heard of Derby except as a horse race or match betwixt two local teams.

But I can dream can’t I?

Derby managers have pulled off amazing coups (Todd, MacFarland, Gemmill etc.) in the past.

They’ve made monumental blunders too!

We are Derby, and we love the Rams!

PS IMHO Zlatan is the most exciting footballer ever..... and yes, I’ve seen George Best at his best!

Just now, steve brummie said:

I don’t suppose Zlatan has even heard of Derby except as a horse race or match betwixt two local teams.

But I can dream can’t I?

Derby managers have pulled off amazing coups (Todd, MacFarland, Gemmill etc.) in the past.

They’ve made monumental blunders too!

We are Derby, and we love the Rams!

PS IMHO Zlatan is the most exciting footballer ever..... and yes, I’ve seen George Best at his best!

Right, but let's live in the present.

Ibrahimovic is at LA Galaxy, he is being moved to one of their 3 designated player slots which means he will command a bigger wage, they are binning off one of their 3 to make room for him and sign a new deal to stop him leaving for AC Milan who are said to be interested.

Dream all you like but it's not going to happen, he's a megastar that would have zero interest in playing away to Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

We've also spent what close to £9m on strikers ourselves already this season, one of which hasn't even had a run up top because the other is banging in goals. 

I'll stop there as I'm struggling to believe I'm sat here trying to give a reasonable response to why we won't sign Ibrahimovic.

3 hours ago, David said:

I'll stop there as I'm struggling to believe I'm sat here trying to give a reasonable response to why we won't sign Ibrahimovic.

My Dad last week suggested we could be looking at Danny Welbeck in January because he's available on a free in the summer and I had much the same thought

On 09/12/2018 at 23:16, steve brummie said:

So let me get this straight..

Ashley Cole plays for the same club as Zlatan but would earn more in an East Midlands Championship team?

Do we get a discount for the two? ?

Salaries of all MLS players are published... it's public data so we all know exactly how much they are paid.  So yes, he could well earn more in Derby!

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Salaries of all MLS players are published... it's public data so we all know exactly how much they are paid.  So yes, he could well earn more in Derby!

Not when he's given a much fatter contract imminently. 

I'm with @David on this - this is the Ashley Cole thread, for whom there is a link and a realistic possibility. Keep the Zlatan and similar talk to the suggestions thread where you can talk about your fantasies.

34 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

I've watched Cole a couple of times now for the LA Galaxy, and he still has that

bit of class, probably not quite as fast as he used to be, but what does stand out is his 

forward thinking and clever passing. So this is not a bad option IMO

Thought him and Cheryl had split up?

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Not when he's given a much fatter contract imminently. 

I'm with @David on this - this is the Ashley Cole thread, for whom there is a link and a realistic possibility. Keep the Zlatan and similar talk to the suggestions thread where you can talk about your fantasies.

Sycophant!?

(No that ain't  a rogue heffalump!)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived