To What Extent Has This Forum Destroyed Your Productivity?

DarkFruitsRam7

As some of you may know, I've had to ask @David to temporarily ban me from the forum a couple of times over the years so that I can concentrate on important exams. The natural implication is that the site is something that can easily distract me from my work, as it is just too bloody addictive. Now I'm at uni, I find myself browsing the forum during lectures, or having a look when I'm supposed to be doing work. 

This is by no means a blame game. I'm clearly the one to blame for a lack of discipline, and perhaps for caring about Derby County (and the members of the forum that I've grown to like and respect) a little too much. The aim of the thread is to find out whether I'm alone, or whether other members get distracted just as easily from their work, studies, etc.

So, do you get distracted by this site?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forum is great, I believe we should all spend more time interacting with one another, toilet time is a great opportunity to squeeze another 5 posts in.

If you feel like your work is suffering, you should get a new job.

If it is impacting the time you spend with your partners, leave them, relationships are overrated.

If your kids are demanding more attention, buy them a toy.

2 minutes ago, David said:

This forum is great, I believe we should all spend more time interacting with one another, toilet time is a great opportunity to squeeze another 5 posts in.

If it is impacting the time you spend with your partners, leave them, relationships are overrated.

never heard it referred to like this before

41 minutes ago, David said:

1 in, 1 out? ?

It's a constant tab open on my phone and laptop! It is a very good forum though, whenever i check other teams forums it makes you realise how good ours is. Excellent work by @David.

Although having now established myself as one of the most important and respected contributors to the forum I was hoping for some recognition once I reached the milestone of 5000 posts... perhaps a message of congratulations from the owner himself, perhaps a tick next to my name?

Nothing so far.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It's a constant tab open on my phone and laptop! It is a very good forum though, whenever i check other teams forums it makes you realise how good ours is. Excellent work by @David.

Although having now established myself as one of the most important and respected contributors to the forum I was hoping for some recognition once I reached the milestone of 5000 posts... perhaps a message of congratulations from the owner himself, perhaps a tick next to my name?

Nothing so far.

Your post count is currently 3188. Just sayin' like.

?

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Nothing so far.

What is that thing going round at the moment .... the me too movement ? ????

I spend far too long on here and then we I drift away being a half fan or having other things to do I come back rusty, not match fit and doing rubbish posts or going in to the pub and trying too hard to be not political ?????

45 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Reaction count! Mainly clapping reactions too I'd imagine.

Goals to game ratio ... but it’s weird .. you can craft a wise sounding thoughtful witty post thinking your the next star reporter/pundit ... and ..... nada rien, niente, not a sausage ... then you do a basic yeah mate I’m with you on that ... and you get 10 likes. 

Love this forum .. doubt I’ll ever meet any of you but I know for certain that some of us would get on really well face to face ( emphasis on the some ?

Must admit it’s a very odd feeling knowing I, with the help of the moderators, have created something that is now part of so many people’s daily routine. 

No matter what the hour, members will be signed in around the world. 

It’s a nice odd feeling though, and positive comments are very much appreciated.

We don’t always get things right, but everything from changing the colour of the menu to permanently banning a member, we do so because we believe it’s for the best. 

Oh, and breaks from the internet are good for you, I try and take 2 days off a week now myself away from all forms of social media. 

Just don’t all take breaks at the same time as there will be nothing to read.

The problem with having so many on at any given time, is that you just about catch up, you've read all there is to read, and you reach the point where you can happily tootle off and get on with some actual real life living... then some fecker else posts, there's bold type on the listings, and you click away in order to clear it away... again!  Ba**ards!  

7 hours ago, David said:

Did the same for the wife. Worked a treat.

Prior to discovering this forum i was a successful high flyer with a great career and very good salary. I had a relationship, a lovely car and a nice home. People respected me and i enjoyed a lively social life.

After i discovered the forum i noticed that a few people that i had previously counted as friends were starting to drift away. I'd call them rather than they call me. The boss called me into his office for what i thought would be the usual high fives and a slap on the back, only to tell me that things weren't really working and maybe i should look for something else. My girlfriend went off with one of my mates and i even convinced myself that i was better off without both of them. I struggled to keep up the payments on my home and the car was repossessed. Eventually even the samaritans started declining my calls.

now i'm sitting here in a darkened room, smelling of my own pish and refreshing the page, wondering where it all went wrong.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Prior to discovering this forum i was a successful high flyer with a great career and very good salary. I had a relationship, a lovely car and a nice home. People respected me and i enjoyed a lively social life.

After i discovered the forum i noticed that a few people that i had previously counted as friends were starting to drift away. I'd call them rather than they call me. The boss called me into his office for what i thought would be the usual high fives and a slap on the back, only to tell me that things weren't really working and maybe i should look for something else. My girlfriend went off with one of my mates and i even convinced myself that i was better off without both of them. I struggled to keep up the payments on my home and the car was repossessed. Eventually even the samaritans started declining my calls.

now i'm sitting here in a darkened room, smelling of my own pish and refreshing the page, wondering where it all went wrong.

It’s not all bad, we have an update coming out soon that which will have a gif search in the editor, no more looking through Google, it’s all built in so you won’t have to leave. 

Plus speed improvements, which will load pages even quicker!

EC22E8E3-8629-40F6-A662-8C99EAB36C85.gif

7 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Did the same for the wife. Worked a treat.

Me too. She looked at me knowingly and suggested buying her a toy to make bedtime more exciting, I nodded and winked.

That furby provided hours of fun and excitement.

Archived