Day

On 08/11/2018 at 09:54, Ghost of Clough said:

4th best in Oct.

1. Norwich, 13 Pts, +6 GD

2. QPR, 13 Pts, +6 GD

3. Birmingham, 13 Pts, +4 GD

4. Derby, 12 Pts, +6 GD

21 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think a month where we have played - Norwich, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Boro and Birmingham and the only defeat coming in against Chelsea isn’t too shabby. 

It was 9 points anyway. We played QPR and not Birmingham in October, so 2 wins and 3 draws.

On a brighter note we've got a 100% record in November...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

It was 9 points anyway. We played QPR and not Birmingham in October, so 2 wins and 3 draws.

On a brighter note we've got a 100% record in November...

Oops! checked the 'results' from the 1st Oct 2018 to 1st Nov 2019 (typo) so picked up the Birmingham result.

We had the 8th best results in October with 9 Pts and a +4GD.

1. QPR 13Pts, +7GD

2. Birmingham 13Pts, +6 GD

3 Sheff Utd 10 Pts,  +4GD

Then 3 more teams of 10 points (one of which was Stoke)

Good on Mac. 

Will upset a few Derby fans who hate the guy for picking us out of mid table and the bottom of the Championship and having a real go a promotion. They probably can't believe Rowett didn't win it. Proper tactician, him.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Good on Mac. 

Will upset a few Derby fans who hate the guy for picking us out of mid table and the bottom of the Championship and having a real go a promotion. They probably can't believe Rowett didn't win it. Proper tactician, him.

Totally unrelated, but has anyone seen @Curtains recently? 

On 08/11/2018 at 08:50, RedSox said:

Farke's probably got it in the bag, anyway.  Hope he enjoys it while it lasts.

For some bizarre reason Farke wasn't even nominated. 

Norwich just aren't fashionable enough, a consistent theme.... 

Farke leads Norwich to joint top points total, not nominated for one of the top 5 managers of the month.

We finish 12th in the Premier League, and then 11th in the Premier League, and the whole world w-anks off over Swansea despite it being obvious that Danny Graham was a dogshit version of Grant Holt. 

Grealish apparently worth £40m because he plays for Villa, Maddison who is 50% better than him worth half that he because he plays for Norwich.

Derby fans and Nottingham Forest fans amazed that they didn't beat little old Norwich, despite the fact that we're simply the best side in this league.

Doesn't matter though, we're top of the league and looking frankly unstoppable, don't care whether the LMA, or the FA or whoever thinks that we don't 'belong' in the promised land..... we seem to keep getting there regardless, fack 'em.  

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

norwich aren't one of the three best teams to come to Pride Park this season.

It may well be the case that Derby have made several other teams look very good, but pretty sure we had 60% of the possession and had three times more shots on target in that game.... so your comment may say more about how many away teams have made Derby look crap this season. 

You were better than us for the last 15 minutes, I'll give you that. 

Would love for you to name the three better teams in the interest of debate..... because the only team to outclass us this season has been Leeds, and I'm pretty sure we just weren't at the races. 

We've won 9 of our last 11 in the league ?

5 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

It may well be the case that Derby have made several other teams look very good, but pretty sure we had 60% of the possession and had three times more shots on target in that game.... so your comment may say more about how many away teams have made Derby look crap this season. 

Would love for you to name the three better teams in the interest of debate..... because the only team to outclass us this season has been Leeds, and I'm pretty sure we just weren't at the races. 

Thats a good run. But its a close league. Just being honest.

Leeds, Sheff Utd, Villa

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Thats a good run. But its a close league. Just being honest.

Leeds, Sheff Utd, Villa

Just looks and feels like we've got some serious momentum now. The togetherness and belief of the players and fans not been like this since Lambert circa-2011.... 

But point taken.... a serious injury to Teemu Pukki would probably be enough to duck it up for us, in fairness #deadly 

Despite us seemingly rediscovering circa-2015 Jordan Rhodes! 

We made Villa look crap a few weeks ago by the way, and that was with Pukki out injured.... Rhodes brace, 2-1 win, Villa scored with their only shot on target.. 

14 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

We had 60% possession and more shots on target in that game, but you know. Villa, Leeds and Sheff U all better than Norwich at PP. You're on a very good run of form, but went on a run of winning 10 in 13 last season, at a similar time to you, but really should've finished outside the playoffs at the end of the season. It's always very nice to see your team top of the league, but it only matters in May.

It may well be the case that Derby have made several other teams look very good, but pretty sure we had 60% of the possession and had three times more shots on target in that game

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/10/03/england/championship/Derby-county-fc/norwich-city-fc/2801648/

according to that we had 57% possession to your 43%

and 11 shots to your 8

Just saying.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/10/03/england/championship/Derby-county-fc/norwich-city-fc/2801648/

according to that we had 57% possession to your 43%

and 11 shots to your 8

Just saying.

Yeah sorry.... I looked at the wrong fixture ?

But we do look bloody good right now..... and Derby fans were calling 1-1 a terrible result at the time..... we were below you in the league. 

I said at the time that you may be underestimating us.... Even Forest fans said "how could we not beat Norwich", enjoying seeing them go back to their natural place in mid-table.

We've been criminally under rated this season and now we're sitting at the top of the league..... Moritz Leitner, Jamal Lewis, Alex Tettey, Timm Klose and Teemu Pukki would walk into any team in this division.

Anyway, it feels ducking great sitting at 1st whilst Ipswich sit at 24th. Cheers. 

See you've got Sheffield Wednesday next, you should win that..... they are turd. 

7 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

But we do look bloody good right now..... and Derby fans were calling 1-1 a terrible result at the time..... we were below you in the league. 

I said at the time that you may be underestimating us.... Even Forest fans said "how could we not beat Norwich", enjoying seeing them go back to their natural place in mid-table.

We've been criminally under rated this season and now we're sitting at the top of the league..... Moritz Leitner, Jamal Lewis, Alex Tettey, Timm Klose and Teemu Pukki would walk into any team in this division.

Anyway, it feels ducking great sitting at 1st whilst Ipswich sit at 24th. Cheers. 

See you've got Sheffield Wednesday next, you should win that..... they are turd. 

Until Villa, I thought Norwich were the best footballing side to visit P.P. Leeds caught us early and before Frank had a system in place, Norwich passed the ball nicely but I thought they would struggle to score goals ..... got that wrong eh.

I’ve a mate who’s a canary and he’s loving it, said all the above to him and he also said Pukki will be the championship surprise package.

We should beat the Owls and get back on track, let’s see if you sustain it too, don’t get over confident, this league throws up plenty of surprises......plus you have the mighty Rams coming to town at Christmas  ?

9 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Every season there is a surprise package in the championship, Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, etc. Maybe Norwich will be that side this season?

I’m impressed with Norwich so far, so hats off especially in selling Pritchard and Maddison in the last 12 months and making this progress. 

Archived